Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I am putting Goldsmiths glorious college as one of my options on ucas hopefully, although I can't find the IB entrance requirement for Psychology anywhere. I have seen the one on UCAS, which says it's 30. Can anyone else confirm this?

Basically what is the Psychology entrance for IB.

Thanks in advance,

possible rep too

xx

ReputationRep:
    Try contacting the Psychology department, they'll be able to give you a definite answer

Edit: It's at the bottom of the Psychology page on the website - http://www.gold.ac.uk/ug/bsc-psychology/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reddevilleanne)
    Try contacting the Psychology department, they'll be able to give you a definite answer

Edit: It's at the bottom of the Psychology page on the website - http://www.gold.ac.uk/ug/bsc-psychology/
    Thanks, that's really useful, but it doesn't tell me the total I need, only what I need in my highers

So does this mean that I only need a pass with that in my highers?

Thanks

rep coming your way x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    Thanks, that's really useful, but it doesn't tell me the total I need, only what I need in my highers

So does this mean that I only need a pass with that in my highers?

Thanks

rep coming your way x
    Unfortunately I have no idea coz I don't know how IB's work :p: But that would make sense if it's not stated. There's a link on that page towards the bottom on the left-hand side to contact the admissions officer, so he'll be able to tell you Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I have no idea coz I don't know how IB's work :p: But that would make sense if it's not stated. There's a link on that page towards the bottom on the left-hand side to contact the admissions officer, so he'll be able to tell you Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
    That's great thanks

and I'll rep you tomorrow x

ReputationRep:
    That's great thanks

and I'll rep you tomorrow x
    Aww thanks

Are you applying for 2010?

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks

Are you applying for 2010?
    I am indeedy

It will be my reserve (behind Royal Holloway) but I still absolutely love the place!

ReputationRep:
    I am indeedy

It will be my reserve (behind Royal Holloway) but I still absolutely love the place!
    Oooh have you visited then? I loved the atmosphere at Goldsmiths, it's friendly and inviting and positive, whereas I didn't get that feeling from my insurance Uni. It just felt 'right' at Goldsmiths, y'know? I can't wait to go in September

ReputationRep:
    Oooh have you visited then? I loved the atmosphere at Goldsmiths, it's friendly and inviting and positive, whereas I didn't get that feeling from my insurance Uni. It just felt 'right' at Goldsmiths, y'know? I can't wait to go in September
    That's really encouraging! I havent been there yet, but I really want to now!

Congrats x

ReputationRep:
    That's really encouraging! I havent been there yet, but I really want to now!

Congrats x
    My advice would be to definitely visit the Unis before you make your decision

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be to definitely visit the Unis before you make your decision

Kk's x

ReputationRep:
    Only visited Gold's fleetingly, but I agree with the above, there's definately something I can't name at Golds. I just feel right, and that's gotta be positive. Sat in a lecture on Research Methods, some people were falling asleep! Hope I wont be like that, but can't promise anything, eh?

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately this is all the information i can find about IB requirements;

"European and international qualifications
    Passes at an appropriate level in the European and the International Baccalaureate satisfy the general entrance requirements, as do many European school-leaving qualifications and other international qualifications."

The best thing to do is call the department but they are a bit...useless when it comes to entrance requirements, they'll probably just refer you to the admissions office.

Also, research methods was boring!! but you only have it for one term, although i dunno what your timetable will be like this year

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.