(shoo...shoe...hehe...:getmecoat:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    H&M if theres one about
    I wish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    I wish
    Aw, thats unlucky. Most of the stuff in there is really not for me but occasionally you get a gem in there! That and their the only place that do tshirts etc that actually fit me :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Zara

ReputationRep:
    It depends what you want the clothes to do.

I agree that if you want basics that will last you a couple of years, then Primark* is a good place to start (I'm not saying all Primark clothes won't last longer than 2 years, but I wouldn't rely on them to last longer than that). You could also consider looking at supermarket clothes - Tesco and Asda usually have some nice things when I go in.

I get annoyed with clothes getting shabby really quickly, and looking at the contents of my wardrobe, I'd be more inclined to buy from TKMaxx, particularly if you fancy more interesting/individual clothes. I have stuff from there that I've been wearing for over 5 years, and it still looks quite presentable. If I was going to spend £10-£15 on a t-shirt, or £15-£20 on jeans, I would definitely choose to buy something from TKMaxx (reduced from the RRP) rather than buying full price from almost any other store.

It might also be worth trying several items on in the different shops you're considering, and see which ones cut their clothes most appropriately for your shape (bearing in mind that there will still be some variation within stores). There's not much point in trying on dozens and dozens of tops from a particular shop when they consistently don't fit you properly.

ReputationRep:
    Is there an H&M where you're going shopping? They've got nice stuff.

And everywhere is massive sales at the minute, DP has buy one get one free too, but I think they're starting to run outta stuff .

I sound like a massive salesperson for the high street.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    Hm, how much are you planning to get for that?
    I only need a dress. I didn't mean a big shopping spree haha I'd only get 2 items at best :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    How much do you have to spend?

I love Zara!

ReputationRep:
    ^^Agreed. I love Zara too. There's a noticeable difference in price between the more expensive items and those suitable for everyday wear. That said, you could also try Dorothy Perkins - the reductions in their current sale are amazing!

Enjoy your shopping!

ReputationRep:
    new look because it is not too much more expensive than primark really and its a million times better quality! and river island if you wanna splash out!

ReputationRep:
    I find it difficult to stick with the clothes I have... with the always changing fashion trends. Therefore I shop at Primark mostly but if you have more of a "classical" style, then definitely go for the likes of Topshop.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.