Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

After sex I kinda want the girl to leave... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dissey)
    When Harry Met Sally dejavu anyone?
    What happened in that? I've learnt so much already!

ReputationRep:
    'Harry Burns: How long do you like to be held after sex? All night, right? See, that's your problem. Somewhere between 30 seconds and all night is your problem.
    Sally Albright: I don't have a problem.
    Harry Burns: Yes, you do. '

'"You go back to her place. You have sex and the minute you're finished, you know what goes through your mind? How long to I have to lie here and hold her before I can get up and go home."'

But not really applicable, but it's what sprung into my mind.

ReputationRep:
    Never really get the desire to be alone, i just want to sleeep afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symbea)
    Ok I promise this isn't as bad as it sounds. Do any other guys become very uncomfortable with closeness and want to be by themselves after sex?

It doesn't matter if I absolutely adore the girl and want to spend every second with her the rest of the time but once we finish in bed I suddenly get very distant and fooling around after is a chore.

I'm a good guy, I just want some space!
    No. I would never do this, but probably because I only intend to sleep with people who I would be able to talk to or love. By that, I mean I would sleep with that person and be comfortable talking with them and just cuddling.

Weird, I guess I'm different from other guys.

ReputationRep:
    I get quite sleepy after...she's moaned about it so i'll show her the scientific reason for it

Even if i wanted to do this, i wouldnt want to hurt the feelings of my gf..

But i dont want to do it anyway since i love her madly

ReputationRep:
    christ, come on guys being a slave to your hormones isn't very manly now is it?

surely having just done your favourite thing in the whole world you can muster some semblance of a good mood if you try?

between the guys in this thread who apparently turn into ******* rain man after sex, and the ones in that other thread about how disgusting vaginas are, TSR isn't painting a pretty picture of today's young guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramanda)
    I've noticed this! It's so weird!!

OP, brave of you to not be anon! Will rep you for that tomorrow!
    Does that mean I get rep if I post something embarrassing? :o:

ReputationRep:
    I have this sometimes :ninja: Is that allowed?

I have a tendency to lie there, get my breath back, clean up then just get up and get dressed and chat about something, and my boy will just lie there, nekkid, and just be like 'well, arent you being romantic'. I get so embarrassed when he brings it up, it just doesn't occur to me to lie around and be cuddly =/

ReputationRep:
    I am a girl and I'm the one who likes to fall asleep, I feel guilty cos I fall asleep staight after and he sits there watchin TV on his own for a couple of hours.

ReputationRep:
    Really? After sex I just want to cuddle up in bed tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    Does that mean I get rep if I post something embarrassing? :o:
    Hah, no :p:
    But I was just so impressed over OP, that he posted something that could have overloaded him with neg reps, (sorry OP, but it could!) and then he didn't go anon. OP is a real tough guy!:yes:

Nah, if you did it now it would be cheating.. -.- You have to earn it!

ReputationRep:
    Post **** Depression is similar

ReputationRep:
    You people not heard of the 'comedown'..?
    It's not like we have any control over it. Some guys get it worse than others, and it's just due to a natural release of chemicals.

To those of you saying 'just get over it, you should do what the girl wants you to do' etc, that's a bit like saying 'just get over pain' or something. We have no control over it!
    I usually get this afterwards, but leave me for 10 mins or so then i'm okay again, so cuddle then :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramanda)
    Hah, no :p:
    But I was just so impressed over OP, that he posted something that could have overloaded him with neg reps, (sorry OP, but it could!) and then he didn't go anon. OP is a real tough guy!:yes:

Nah, if you did it now it would be cheating.. -.- You have to earn it!

But I post stuff that has gotten me neg rep all the time :mad:
    and no one has even praised me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrs_bellamy)
    I am a girl and I'm the one who likes to fall asleep, I feel guilty cos I fall asleep staight after and he sits there watchin TV on his own for a couple of hours.
    Pretty much this. Or I'll just be in a half-sleep state. My bf NEVER sleeps after though. I don't think there's ever been a time when he has.

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I've experiences this from the opposite member of sex. I must just be lucky!

OP, I'm sure if you explain this to the girl, she might be OK with it. Alternatively, you could just hug her for the 30 mins, but not actually think about what you're doing. As they say, the thought is worse than the deed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ken321)
    No. I would never do this, but probably because I only intend to sleep with people who I would be able to talk to or love. By that, I mean I would sleep with that person and be comfortable talking with them and just cuddling.

Weird, I guess I'm different from other guys.
    Yeah ok, I didn't say I boot girls out the bed afterwards. I said I have a come-down. I'm perfectly nice afterwards but I'm not really feeling it.

This isn't a topic to talk about what a wonderful human being you are, it's to discuss who really suffers after sex with anti closeness.

ReputationRep:
    aha same matey especially if they're a munter!! i hate just lieng around and talking and that!!

just get meself a few beers and watch the TV don't wanna talk or anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symbea)
    Yeah ok, I didn't say I boot girls out the bed afterwards. I said I have a come-down. I'm perfectly nice afterwards but I'm not really feeling it.

This isn't a topic to talk about what a wonderful human being you are, it's to discuss who really suffers after sex with anti closeness.
    Well I'm sorry if I misunderstood your topic/words.
    Anywho, it's mostly to do with the chemicals in your brain.

You lose a LOT of testosterone and the chemicals in your body are released to make you go to sleep and rest (including a huge variety of chemicals which have different effects on different guys).

This is the primary reason for anything you feel afterwards - and fighting it often very hard.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.