Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello to all. I was considering taking 2 or 3 self study GCSE's for September to take in June. My advice is which ones. I've narrowed it down to

Law
    Psychology
    Sociology
    Economics
    History

So which ones should I self study that are easy?
    Don't want to hear about how I shoudn't take on too much etc..

ReputationRep:
    Erm i'm not sure but maybe psychology and sociology would be okay to teach yourself? You could just get textbooks for them and everything...I woldnt recommend history because you would have to do essays for it as well...hope that helped? =s

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would do history and psychology because they appeal most to me but if I were you I would look carefully at the specifications and decide which two you will find the most interesting etc. Doing one because itt'd easy but find boring will be just as hard as one that's more difficult but you find interesting and have enthusiasm for.

ReputationRep:
    Will you have any help available at all?

ReputationRep:
    You should try to assess which subjects you have the most aptitude for and which courses appeal to you the most. It is also worth considering the practical requirements. If coursework is required, then you need to think about how you would get this authenticated.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.