Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive got a Geography report due in after summer, worth 25% of my final mark and is a maximum of 2500 words. Now the dilemma, counting words inside tables it is over 2500, but counting words outside of tables it is <2500. Can someone clear up whether words in tables count in the word count?

ReputationRep:
    Word count: counts for your paragraphs (eg. intro, conclusion, etc), counts for annotations for more than 10 words, the TITLE of tables (not the contents of tables if words are framed by the table). I think you can go up the limit by 10%, thats what i did, i wrote 2700 words.

ReputationRep:
    I thought anything in textboxes didint count according to my teacher...But thanks for the table info and to be on the safe side ill try to make it <2500.

And I see you study in HK, I used to go to school there.

ReputationRep:
    textboxes count if they are over 10 words

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jc_bach)
    textboxes count if they are over 10 words
    Does the glossary, title page and bibiliography count as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soylent Green)
    Does the glossary, title page and bibiliography count as well?
    it shouldn't.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.