Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything back from Goldsmiths about accommodation yet?
    I'm planning on living in halls and I've made Goldsmiths my firm but I've still not heard anything from them??

ReputationRep:
    It says in the booklet and on the website that unconditionals hear if they have a place from mid-July onwards and conditionals hear after results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reddevilleanne)
    It says in the booklet and on the website that unconditionals hear if they have a place from mid-July onwards and conditionals hear after results day.
    Really!!? I haven't heard anything yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clallen2)
    Really!!? I haven't heard anything yet
    Maybe they haven't got to your application yet? It says they allocate spaces by distance and date the application was received, so if you're living in London I guess you'll be one of the last of the unconditionals to hear from them I think. Give them a call if you're worried

ReputationRep:
    i see. yeah me being in london is not going to fair well. Hopefully they take into consideration my predicament. who knows. thanks for the info though. you really know your stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clallen2)
    i see. yeah me being in london is not going to fair well. Hopefully they take into consideration my predicament. who knows. thanks for the info though. you really know your stuff
    No problem, I like to help if I can Are you quite far away from the Uni? I can't wait to find out where I'll be living

ReputationRep:
    I must have sent my application form off like 6 months ago or so. I've not even recieved conformation that they've got it
    I live 100 miles away from London too so I would have thought I'd be a priority?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felixpartz)
    I must have sent my application form off like 6 months ago or so. I've not even recieved conformation that they've got it
    I live 100 miles away from London too so I would have thought I'd be a priority?
    I'm sorry!:/ I would advise you just to call them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felixpartz)
    When i didn't get a reply i emailed the accommodation people at: [email protected] and they wrote back confirming they'd received it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the same reply for me. Also they wrote that will not make offers until the beginning of August, so I guess, just have to wait.

ReputationRep:
    yeah not long now. A week or so, depending how early in August.

ReputationRep:
    Phew. I'd heard mid-July too, and was getting worried.

I live up in Newcastle, I really can't afford to look for accommodation from this distance!

ReputationRep:
    Any News?? I am french and on the waiting list. I sent an email to the accommodation office about one week ago and their reply was "you are on the waiting list". That's ok for me but I am worried about "where am I gonna live?" I am planning on moving to England the first week of September, PGCE programme starts on the 7th... By the way, if you have any advices concerning a flatshare or something like that :-p

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer today. I'm going to be in Surrey House, which I'm pleased with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiddae)
    I got my offer today. I'm going to be in Surrey House, which I'm pleased with.
    Yeah, I got an offer a room in Surrey House as well!
    Could change it to McMillian Student village if I want to. But I don't know what is good? Have seen a lot of the rooms there but I can't remember the names of the halls!

ReputationRep:
    Oh well I got my offer for Chesterman House today, which is alright but balls is it expensive

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys get your offers?...post?

ReputationRep:
    post yes

ReputationRep:
    post yes

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. You ought to get it soon, I mean, I got mine yesterday, and it had to be returned by the 19th at the latest.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 29, 2009
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.