Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bretj89)
    post yes
    Ok, I'll have to look out for that then next week. I really want accommodation. *crosses fingers*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clallen2)
    Ok, I'll have to look out for that then next week. I really want accommodation. *crosses fingers*

I also want accommodation very badly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vampyra_Gloom)
    I also want accommodation very badly
    I know. It's such a big part of the university experience. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens....an hope

ReputationRep:
    Hmm by post. I hope it won't take too long to recieve it. :/ Congrats to everyone who got accommodation. :]

ReputationRep:
    do you guys think they've got our results and they're sending out accommodation offers to people who have got in?! i'm getting nervous now! i've not heard anything!! AHHH!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebabybeatbox)
    do you guys think they've got our results and they're sending out accommodation offers to people who have got in?! i'm getting nervous now! i've not heard anything!! AHHH!!!!
    Nah it's only people who've had an unconditional offer from the start who are getting accomodation offers right now. Goldsmiths receive our results today! I doubt they'll do anything about it til tomorrow though seeing as today is sunday!

ReputationRep:
    haha yeah i was running round the house like HAVE I HAD A LETTER and then my dad was like don't be stupid it's sunday... so i'm just being a nervous wreck because of results and stuff. thanks for the reassurance. i can't believe they get our results today! anyone else as nervous as i am? i've not slept in like 3 nights...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when we should expect to receive our accomodation offers after results day? Is it days or weeks?

ReputationRep:
    Right, well i emailed the accommodation office to find out when i would find out whether or not I would be offered accommodation and they replied saying that as i am in London, i wont get accommodation for the start of term. But it is likely that i'll get an offer at the end of the first term/beginning of the second.

I cant say it was a surprise but as you can imagine it was a bit of a disappointment. Its such a big part of being independent and having the 'student experience'. Oh, well. Not sure what i think about moving in once people have already settled though....hmm....guess i have a while to think about it. Now, its just a case of sorting how I'll get to an from uni (i have a pain condition that affects my leg)....

I do wonder though, if they are already banking on accommodation becoming available are drop outs really that regular an occurrence. So regular they even start placing London students?

ReputationRep:
    Right, well i emailed the accommodation office to find out when i would find out whether or not I would be offered accommodation and they replied saying that as i am in London, i wont get accommodation for the start of term. But it is likely that i'll get an offer at the end of the first term/beginning of the second.

I cant say it was a surprise but as you can imagine it was a bit of a disappointment. Its such a big part of being independent and having the 'student experience'. Oh, well. Not sure what i think about moving in once people have already settled though....hmm....guess i have a while to think about it. Now, its just a case of sorting how I'll get to an from uni (i have a pain condition that affects my leg)....

I do wonder though, if they are already banking on accommodation becoming available are drop outs really that regular an occurrence. So regular they even start placing London students?
    It's probably due to foreign students moving out of halls in December as some of them only do a term there as part of their course.

ReputationRep:

oh no! im soo devastated, that means that I may not get accommodation :-( where in london are u, I'm in north west. Ahh this sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reddevilleanne)
    It's probably due to foreign students moving out of halls in December as some of them only do a term there as part of their course.
    Oh, OK. I never knew about that. Makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, OK. I never knew about that. Makes sense.
    Yep Whereabouts in London are you? Are you close to the Uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inziebaybee)
    oh no! im soo devastated, that means that I may not get accommodation :-( where in london are u, I'm in north west. Ahh this sucks.
    Ah, you might be lucky as your further away, im in the south east so not that far at all from the uni at all really. lol.
    But they did say it was because i was 'a London student' so maybe the same applies to you aswell, im not sure. Is your offer unconditional? If it is you could email them like i did and see what they say. [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reddevilleanne)
    Yep Whereabouts in London are you? Are you close to the Uni?
    Yeah, SE.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, you might be lucky as your further away, im in the south east so not that far at all from the uni at all really. lol.
    But they did say it was because i was 'a London student' so maybe the same applies to you aswell, im not sure. Is your offer unconditional? If it is you could email them like i did and see what they say. [email protected]
    South East london, thats not far from the uni at all! The uni is in South London anyway! Well I hope I get it, like you said I am further away, I would have to get the bus, underground AND overground train and it takes about 2 hours (on a good day) I am not doing that!

ReputationRep:
    If you're within railcard zone 6 you're highly unlikely to get accommodation, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Some people with unconditional offers who live in london already have accommodation, i'm soo confused!

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Lithuania and my offer is already unconditional but I don't have accommodation

ReputationRep:
    I've just got my offer. I'm in Chesterman House. It's strange because I applied for standard halls but they offered me the en-suite. What about you?? Did you get the kind of rooms that you applied for?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.