The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Scroll to see replies

Vampyra_Gloom
I've just got my offer. I'm in Chesterman House. It's strange because I applied for standard halls but they offered me the en-suite. What about you?? Did you get the kind of rooms that you applied for?

Awesome. That's the one I'm hoping to get but it seems to be filling up quite quickly already!
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
When did you (everybody) get your unconditionnal offer?
I got mine about one month ago, and really really want a room but maybe my offer came too late, don't ou think???
Reply 42
People in London. Your best bet, if you don't want to just wait and see, is to email or call up the accommodation people their address should be on page 2 because i posted it the other day. I got a reply the very next day.

They do say online and on all the literature regarding accommodation that they do not guarantee rooms for those within zone 6. I sent mine in with a small shred of hope, lol, but it wasn't to be. :frown:
I am not in London, but in France ... that's why I asked this question... I emailed them 2 weeks ago, and they answered I was on the waiting list, that's all! It is just that it would be much more easier for me to get a room than to come, start classes and look for a flatshare... It's not that I am lazy, just that is pretty hard to organize everything from France...
Reply 44
JulieinLondon
I am not in London, but in France ... that's why I asked this question... I emailed them 2 weeks ago, and they answered I was on the waiting list, that's all! It is just that it would be much more easier for me to get a room than to come, start classes and look for a flatshare... It's not that I am lazy, just that is pretty hard to organize everything from France...

Ah, thats harsh of them to put you on the waiting list when your not even living in the country :hugs: . Sorry, i presumed because of your username you were in London. Have you looked at possibly trying intercollegiate Halls with the UoL?

Isn't the accommodation service at Goldsmiths supposed to help those who haven't got Hall but need accommodation sort out private renting and flat/housemates? :s-smilie:
hey guys, I want to ask you if you got the kind of accommodation you applied for. As for me, I've been offered the en-suite even though I applied for standard Halls. What about you?
hiya, I never recieved an accommodation form and assumed it was because Goldsmiths was my insurance choice, and then I rang yesterday and they said I should have got one and I sent it off about an hour later. I rang today and they said I was being put on the waiting list and said I should look for private housing, but I can't afford it. Does anyone have any advice? I really, really don't want to have just got the grades I needed and then have to not go to uni because I have nowhere to stay :/ Thanks :smile:
Reply 47
I've got an unconditional now cause of results, I hope I get something from them soon!
So happy!
I finally got an answer 10 minutes ago, and I will be in Raymont Hall... cool!
PGCE here I come (now loan with a french bank this afternoon needs to be approved!!)
felixpartz
I've got an unconditional now cause of results, I hope I get something from them soon!

Me too!
Reply 50
myusernamejks
hiya, I never recieved an accommodation form and assumed it was because Goldsmiths was my insurance choice, and then I rang yesterday and they said I should have got one and I sent it off about an hour later. I rang today and they said I was being put on the waiting list and said I should look for private housing, but I can't afford it. Does anyone have any advice? I really, really don't want to have just got the grades I needed and then have to not go to uni because I have nowhere to stay :/ Thanks :smile:

Ah, I'm sorry about you missing out on a room in Halls. Do you mind me asking where you live?

If you live near enough to commute then it is possible that by the end of the 1st term or beginning of the second you will get allocated a room.

Or, if you really need somewhere to stay for the start of term then you could look at the University of London Housing Website where you can search their database of private landlords. The flats/houses are all over london but there are some in New Cross and nearby Brockley/Lewisham/Camberwell are on the website: http://housing.london.ac.uk/cms/
To search the database you need to request a password, which takes about 24hours.

Goldsmiths have a small allocation of places in UoL Intercollegiate Halls.http://www.gold.ac.uk/accommodation/residences/intercollegiate/
You can also find out more about these Halls here: http://www.halls.london.ac.uk/student/Default.aspx

Also, there is a student village in Deptford, within walking distance of Greenwich. Its called Opal 2, McMillan Student Village. When i put the postcodes in Google it says there is about a 20 minute walk between the village and Goldsmiths. You can see pics and info on these sites: http://www.opalstudents.com/student-accommodation/london/opal-2-mcmillan-student-village-rmh/features/
http://www.accommodationforstudents.com/largerprivatestudenthousing/lphs.asp?id=93

Hope I have been of some sort of help. :smile: If you want to know anything else just ask and I will see if i can help.
Hiya, yes that's really helpful. I'm really hoping I get a place in halls still but it sounds really unlikely. I live near Birmingham, so I would've thought when I phoned the uni would've been more helpful/understanding that I need somewhere to stay.

I just want somewhere close to the halls really, and as cheap as I can find - I don't have money other than my loan really haha. Thank you!
myusernamejks
Hiya, yes that's really helpful. I'm really hoping I get a place in halls still but it sounds really unlikely. I live near Birmingham, so I would've thought when I phoned the uni would've been more helpful/understanding that I need somewhere to stay.

I just want somewhere close to the halls really, and as cheap as I can find - I don't have money other than my loan really haha. Thank you!

Have a look on gumtree.com, search for New Cross/Brockley, they have loads of people looking for houseshares on there :smile:
Reply 53
myusernamejks

You can also check www.findaproperty.com
The post code at Goldsmiths main college building is SE14 6NW, for when you want to search for houses/flats. Good Luck and tell us how you get on. :smile:
Reply 54
I have recieved my unconditional offer from Goldsmiths (it was my first choice0 and though I have been sent my welcome pack, I have yet not heard anything about accomodation - I sent off a form a while ago that was sent to me about accomodation, and I am just about to email them to chase it up. Has anyone else in my postion heard anything??
Reply 55
felixpartz

Heard anything yet? I haven't, I want to know!!
spasmos
I have recieved my unconditional offer from Goldsmiths (it was my first choice0 and though I have been sent my welcome pack, I have yet not heard anything about accomodation - I sent off a form a while ago that was sent to me about accomodation, and I am just about to email them to chase it up. Has anyone else in my postion heard anything??

It says on the website that we can expect to hear from them about accomodation by the beginning of next week.

http://www.gold.ac.uk/student/welcome/
Reply 57
reddevilleanne
It says on the website that we can expect to hear from them about accomodation by the beginning of next week.

http://www.gold.ac.uk/student/welcome/

Thanks I must have missed that!!
Reply 58
I got an accommodation offer :woo: So HAPPY!:biggrin:
I'll be in Chesterman House
clallen2
I got an accommodation offer :woo: So HAPPY!:biggrin:
I'll be in Chesterman House

really! do u live in london? what area? I want accommodation!

Latest

Trending

Trending