Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Indeed.

Apart from having to do a repeat year (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=975837) I will be without accomodation for at least 2 months and cannot travel back to my parents as I really have to study during this period.

During summer holidays it's nearly impossible to find any kind of cheap accomodation, and my friends, who initially promised they would "help me" or let me stay at their home during summer until I find a new apartment, are saying they can't anymore for hundreds of reasons and excuses.

I'm getting really depressed now and clueless about how to carry on in anything... fully drained of my energies...

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to realize that most people on TSR are unable to think when it comes to REAL problems.

No standard ready-made answer to this one, eh?

ReputationRep:
    Probably best to just go home. Unless you think you'd like living on the streets for 2 months?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, being sarcastic to the people you're asking advice from helps. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGX_RSV2)
    Probably best to just go home. Unless you think you'd like living on the streets for 2 months?
    I cannot due to bureaucratic reasons. My passport is being renewed etc. and my main nationality is different from that of my parents... it's complicated to explain but I can't return home legally for the next 3-4 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keraroboli Roko Rosae)
    I'm starting to realize that most people on TSR are unable to think when it comes to REAL problems.

Hang on yeah, let me just check for my standard ready-made answer list that I like to refer to when people ask me for advice.

Ah, this one's perfect.

Piss off.

ReputationRep:

I guess you should have made better friends :confused:

And how on earth do you expect someone to have a ready-made answer to such a ridiculously complicated situation? - you can't legally go home, you aren't studying at a standard university - so your only option is to finance yourself, which you won't get a job and can't get any money from your parents

You can either:
    a) Explain to your uni and hope for some financial leniency
    b) Just get a job/loan
    c) Move home and don't finish degree
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Indeed.

Apart from having to do a repeat year (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=975837) I will be without accomodation for at least 2 months and cannot travel back to my parents as I really have to study during this period.

During summer holidays it's nearly impossible to find any kind of cheap accomodation, and my friends, who initially promised they would "help me" or let me stay at their home during summer until I find a new apartment, are saying they can't anymore for hundreds of reasons and excuses.

I'm getting really depressed now and clueless about how to carry on in anything... fully drained of my energies...
    Well, why are you speaking to us? We can't tell you where to stay if you're telling us there is nowhere you can stay; go and speak to someone else. Or here. I genuinely don't know the ins and outs of it, and of course most people on here won't, but you might be able to apply for some sort of short-term accommodation designed for this sort of situation. Go and speak to the people who are likely to know about that. This will probably involve you getting a job and moving into a council house for a while, though, so I don't foresee you studying much.

Insulting us probably is the way forward. :yy:

ReputationRep:

:toofunny:

Quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Otter)
    Hang on yeah, let me just check for my standard ready-made answer list that I like to refer to when people ask me for advice.

Ah, this one's perfect.

Piss off.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Insulting us probably is the way forward. :yy:
    Well, I didn't get any answer at all for 5 hours (average time a post is replied to is less than a minute) until I made that remark. :p:

Sorry, in moments like this I buy into cynicist ideas.

ReputationRep:
    So, is it the fact that you've ran out of money/not got a job that you can't temporarily live at uni? Or is it like someone else said, not a 'standard uni' (?) in that they can't offer any accommodation?

ReputationRep:

As youuse TSR, why don't you use your own standard ready-made answer for your own real problems instead of asking others to find a solution for you?

ReputationRep:
    try citizen advice beaureou?

if i was your friend i will defo help. and im sure my parents will be happy to help to. shame on your "freinds".

ReputationRep:

How hypocritical :rolleyes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Well, I didn't get any answer at all for 5 hours (average time a post is replied to is less than a minute) until I made that remark. :p:
    You probably didn't get any answer for about ten minutes, by which point your thread will have fallen off the page. No need to be arsey, though. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Get a cheap coach ticket and try and book into a BB or hostel or something somewhere where accomodation is cheaper?
    Static caravan parks might be worth a look as well, or buy a cheapish tent and book into a campsite.

There are some cheap hostels in London here: http://www.hostels247.com/LONDON/
    I don't know where you are from. Maybe you could afford to stay in the city you live in after all?

Just had another idea, you could use couch surfing websites to find different people to stay with for a few days at a time e.g http://www.couchsurfing.org/
    There are a few different sites you could try.

ReputationRep:

Stop bloody moaning. There you go :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.