Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am breaking down...and no one knows or cares Watch

Mother with manic depression who wake me up this morning at 5 am telling me to call the ambulance

Crap friends who cant accept me and who just bring me down.

No one special in my life who can be there for me now.

I wish I could let it out and have a good cry but I cant even do that!

ReputationRep:
    Councilling?

ReputationRep:
    Meh

ReputationRep:
    Don't tell us, confront the people making you feel like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Mother with manic depression who wake me up this morning at 5 am telling me to call the ambulance

A.) Move out.
    B.) Find new friends
    C.) Find a girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    Let people you know !. You will feel much better after you let it out , promise. And can I suggest councilling ?. And I'm sure people do care , we care , I care , which is why I'm giving you advice

Good luck , hope you get better

ReputationRep:
    before reading my post please mind my english as it is not very good.

last week i was depressed as hell because i found myself in a new country on the other side of the world and the people in my school are not very welcoming. This was very hard for me, i was homesick and i cried every night till i fell asleep and i went here on the forums to try and feel better but one of the members mentioned that i should go counselling in my school and this really helped me because the counseller understood everything i said and i just let everything out. she gave me advice and she told me that not all of NZ is like that and that i should focus on my studies. other people don't have opportunities to leave their country and have better education.
    i felt so much better after the counseller and everything is much better now. what i suggest u to do is go to a counseler u won't regret it they will help you and listen to you.

don't worry if you cry because i am sure that they are used to this.
    I wish you luck!

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you have a good cry?
    Counselling is a great idea, or even an anonymous helpline just to have someone to listen to you would help a lot.
    You need to stop hanging around with people who are bringing you down. There are a lot of great people out there who are brilliant friends, you just need the patience to find them. Same goes for boyfriends/girlfriends.
    It must be very difficult for your mother too, have you tried talking things through with her so you can work through it together?

ReputationRep:

I know the feeling; buy you have yourself whom will never let you down.
    Stop the depression for the sake of yourself.

Why did your mum want you to call an ambulance exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Let people you know !. You will feel much better after you let it out , promise. And can I suggest councilling ?. And I'm sure people do care , we care , I care , which is why I'm giving you advice

Good luck , hope you get better
    absolutely!:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Councilling.

It help's.

=]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FAILINGKID)
    before reading my post please mind my english as it is not very good.

last week i was depressed as hell because i found myself in a new country on the other side of the world and the people in my school are not very welcoming. This was very hard for me, i was homesick and i cried every night till i fell asleep and i went here on the forums to try and feel better but one of the members mentioned that i should go counselling in my school and this really helped me because the counseller understood everything i said and i just let everything out. she gave me advice and she told me that not all of NZ is like that and that i should focus on my studies. other people don't have opportunities to leave their country and have better education.
    i felt so much better after the counseller and everything is much better now. what i suggest u to do is go to a counseler u won't regret it they will help you and listen to you.

don't worry if you cry because i am sure that they are used to this.
    I wish you luck!
    If I'm honest, your English is much better than quite a lot of native speakers these days, as it goes :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If your mum has manic depression (aka bipolar) then the CMHT treating her may be able to offer you counselling too. I know they offered it to my parents when I was at my worst to give them an outlet to talk to someone outside of the family, to let off steam and to help them too. Can you see if they offer this for you, due to your mum's condition causing you a great deal of stress.

Ultimately you only have yourself to fall back on.

It might look like the world is collapsing around you, but what defines us is not what we do when the times are good, but when the times are bad. Stick through and you'll emerge stronger and wiser than ever.

ReputationRep:
    go see your doctor, councelling didnt work for me but it does for others so maybe, there also advice lines they wont judge you can just talk for hours moaning and they will listen

ReputationRep:
    Brother Ur Guna Rely Hav To Lift Uself Up!!
    Stop Feling Sorry 4u Self
    Ur Guna Have Ups And Downs Its Life

ReputationRep:
    in reply to the title, if no-one knows, they're not gona be able to care :confused:

ReputationRep:

If no one knows, you basically have to tell someone... Go to your GP, talk to the people who look after your mother, talk to a teacher or lecturer or a relative or a friend.

Its strange when we feel down we seem to expect everyone to be able to tell but when you think about it, we're probably all guilty of not noticing when the people around us are having problems. You're not really giving people a chance to help and care if you don't talk to them.

If your friends are bringing you down, you should probably avoid spending time with them. And I'm sure someone special will come along when you least expect it.

I hope things improve, but you really should talk to someone, it will help.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.