Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Searched the forums but they don't seem to have their own thread so I thought i'd create one.

They've been around for a fair bit but seem to have got a massive increase in airtime on the radio recently so chances are you've heard the clean version of "Don't Trust Me".

Their album "Want" isn't available on iTunes (we had to order the CD from somewhere overseas) but I just had a look and it seems that you can listen to it on Spotify for free here and it's available from 7digital.com.

Also if anyone is really bored search "3OH!3 day" into google.. there are some good videos on there of pranks using a soundboard they created..

I'd recommend having a listen to "I'm Not Your Boyfriend Baby", "Starstrukk", "I Can't Do It Alone" and "Photofinnish" :yes:

edit: TSR isn't letting me write 3OH!3 in the title -_-

My friend is obsessed with them. I find it quite amusing that one of them looks like a young Dave grohl and the other like sean william scott :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    My little brother is obsessed with them, really really obsessed. :p:
    He found out about them from some American web comic thing he reads online apparently :rolleyes:

He almost died when we were driving in the car and they were being interviewed on Radio 1. :sigh: But I do like them, and they're playing at Reading/Leeds so I was really happy when they were announced

ReputationRep:
    They really irritated me at first, mainly because i don't know how to pronounce the name *?!?!?!!*

but once i heard the line about "he wanted beef and i said no i'm a vegetarian" or whatevers, they won me

one of them reminds me of perez hilton :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they've been around for a longer time now. Another band that exposure will kill? : ( I hope not.

I love, love, love them!!

'Richman' has to be one of my favourites ..along with 'Starstuck', 'I'm not your boyfriend' and 'Colorado Sunrise'.

I was goign tro make a thread about them ages ago as I had seen them being mentioned a fair few times int he music forum but then decided against it. I'm so glad you made this thread

(Original post by Shiny Dirt)
    They really irritated me at first, mainly because i don't know how to pronounce the name *?!?!?!!*

but once i heard the line about "he wanted beef and i said no i'm a vegetarian" or whatevers, they won me

'Tell your boyfriend, if he says he's got beef ...that I'm a vegetarian and I ain't ******* scared of him'
    :grin:
    Love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lrilol)
    Yeah they've been around for a longer time now. Another band that exposure will kill? : ( I hope not.
    Yeah I wondered this too, but I haven't been listening to the radio much so I don't actually know how much exposure they've had except for that one interview I heard the other day and the fact that they're playing at Reading/Leeds (but that was announced a few months back to be fair) :dontknow:

I think as long as they're not played in the next Twilight film the exposure won't kill them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta_Aitch)
    I love, love, love them!!

'Richman' has to be one of my favourites ..along with 'Starstuck', 'I'm not your boyfriend' and 'Colorado Sunrise'.

I was goign tro make a thread about them ages ago as I had seen them being mentioned a fair few times int he music forum but then decided against it. I'm so glad you made this thread
    Same! I'd debated about creating this thread ages ago but decided against it then I put on their album today and felt inspired to create this thread :p:

Colorado Sunrise is also one of my favourites, and it's pronounced 3-OH-3 (just without the exclamation mark :p:) to the person who said they didn't know how to pronounce their name!

(Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Same! I'd debated about creating this thread ages ago but decided against it then I put on their album today and felt inspired to create this thread

Colorado Sunrise is also one of my favourites, and it's pronounced 3-OH-3 (just without the exclamation mark ) to the person who said they didn't know how to pronounce their name!
    My usertitle was 'New whip. New hat. New kicks' for aaaages and then I decided to change it ... but now I want it back.
    You've inspired me :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta_Aitch)
    My usertitle was 'New whip. New hat. New kicks' for aaaages and then I decided to change it ... but now I want it back.
    You've inspired me :laugh:
    I thought that was why i'd recognised your usertitle! I should have mentioned it before :sigh: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh also, Katy Perry features on one of their songs.. :p:

Ooh, what song?

ReputationRep:
    I did not mean featured :facepalm:

I was just referring to this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLdbJGFA6JE

before my brother got the album he'd always sing "and give it up for Katy Perry" after the hella-kella part of Don't Trust ME

ReputationRep:
    i find them quite funny, in a good way :p:

might check them out at reading this year, just for a laugh :yep: :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I spotted this thread, and would like to refer people to:

I'm a big Julia Nunes fanboy, so, this combines two brilliant things - a top notch Uke artist, and a rather good tune.

(Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    I did not mean featured

I was just referring to this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLdbJGFA6JE

before my brother got the album he'd always sing "and give it up for Katy Perry" after the hella-kella part of Don't Trust ME
    Aww she's so cute! lol.

Ah I really do love them. They sound like they'd be amazing live .. I really want to seem them now!

ReputationRep:
    They scare me. Seriously. :hide:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    I spotted this thread, and would like to refer people to:

I'm a big Julia Nunes fanboy, so, this combines two brilliant things - a top notch Uke artist, and a rather good tune.
    Well that was just something else. :p::congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiny Dirt)

three oh three its one of the area codes for denver where they come from. I'm not a fan personally

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.