Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got a letter saying i am ineligible for finance as they dont support my course, only first degree, foundation and post grad are eligiable.

WELL I AM DOING A FOUNDATION DEGREE!!!!! God sake they are the biggest joke known to man. I spend an hour sat talking to the finance department at derby at my open day, think i would know!
    Phoned them up, got to ring back monday as the program team do not work weekends... Typical. Im going skitso and so is my mum!

And they have assessed it and weirdly still want sponsor 2 financial details and sponsor 1 details? When they have them................

Doing my head in now, beyond a joke

ReputationRep:
    You're not alone in this mess...

I have been fighting for the assessment with them since February...

ReputationRep:
    Its a joke aint it!

ReputationRep:
    Grrr, don't get me started! They refuse as they say my permanent home is in a different country, which it isn't!!!! I've given them endless evidence, and they keep sending me rejection letters!!

ReputationRep:
    Student Finance = fail. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    I can't get over the fact that they ask the person confirming who you are (if you're sending your birth certificate) their passport number. :| They don't even ask people that when you're applying for an actual passport. :/

ReputationRep:
    ^ completly agree!
    biggest joke ever.
    i sent of my sponser information and i got an email 8 weeks later saying if i dont send it on within 28dys ill get non income asseessed. i sent the information recorded delivery. i rang them up and said oh ive sent it into you already and they went well it must be lost in the post. then i said oh well i send it recorded deleivery and i have heard no information that it wasnt delivered. then she went oh right, um wel yousee we are 4 weeks behind and it might still be in our inbox!
    they take the complete mick!

ReputationRep:
    Sign the petition guys - maybe like that we'll get someone to notice their endless failures!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_22)
    Sign the petition guys - maybe like that we'll get someone to notice their endless failures!
    Where is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turgon)
    Where is it?
    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Finance-Student/

ReputationRep:
    The whole thing is a mess to be honest. I think someone needs to come and completely change the system or at least make it easier to understand what is going on.

ReputationRep:
    when am I meant to do student finance?

Ive got the forms sitting there and havent done them yet... (for 1st uni year starting sept 09)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricky116)

Ive got the forms sitting there and havent done them yet... (for 1st uni year starting sept 09)
    You should be doing them now

I did mine a couple of months ago and mine was all fine and very quick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricky116)

When I was in your position, we were advised to get them out before the end of June. I'd get sending! That said, you can apply anytime (I think up until sometime early 2010) but you'll wanna get it sent off soon if you want any chance of getting your finance in time for the start of term!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's pretty funny that, the two times I contacted Student Finance England, I've spoken to a Scottish woman and a French woman, both with very strong accents. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I personally think theyr idiots.. spent last year talking to them for like what 5 months.. never got my payments, got them late.. now all is good i hope :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    I think it's pretty funny that, the two times I contacted Student Finance England, I've spoken to a Scottish woman and a French woman, both with very strong accents. :rolleyes:
    Lol when ever I have phoned them I get people with really strong accents too.. and I stand there holding out the phone saying.. "Mum I can't understand them" :p: .. I end up giving them permission to talk to my mum and my mum deals with it lol

ReputationRep:
    Go into the office and talk to them in person.

ReputationRep:
    Worst. Organisation. Ever.

me: "Why have you not processed my passport I sent in after a month?
    them: "It's been declined for a reason I can't digress"
    me: "But it's my passport! Why can't you digress?! And if you've known it's been declined for a month why haven't you told me?!"

Useless *******.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me started on Student Finance England. They keep requesting evidence which we send, then they send back and don't tell us if it's accepted. Currently I have sponser 2 approved and sponser 1 still to send more evidence. They won't tell me which is which though so I have to guess and hope. I've signed the petition.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.