Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok cheers for advice I'll get cracking on with the forms then! (kind of worried now lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricky116)
    when am I meant to do student finance?

Ive got the forms sitting there and havent done them yet... (for 1st uni year starting sept 09)
    Haha - I made this mistake! Just got my sister to send it off, worried Im not gonna get anythin bk before the start of term =(!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else had the problem of applying online and then all your details being lost so you have to fill in a paper form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt1991)
    Worst. Organisation. Ever.

me: "Why have you not processed my passport I sent in after a month?
    them: "It's been declined for a reason I can't digress"
    me: "But it's my passport! Why can't you digress?! And if you've known it's been declined for a month why haven't you told me?!"

Useless w a n k e r s.
    Gotta love the Data Protection Act

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    Gotta love the Data Protection Act
    According to that act doesn't he have the right to know what is being done with his information? And therefore why his passport has been declined?

ReputationRep:
    Yea **** ups all of them.

So im being denied finance for a course they do actually fund for, but saying im ineligible. Hmmm.

Is there offices in darlington? I live waaay down south thats a good 5-6 hours away!
    Just want to get this bloody sorted otherwise i either wont be going or ill have to rob a bank

ReputationRep:
    According to that act doesn't he have the right to know what is being done with his information? And therefore why his passport has been declined?
    It's beyond me! He then told me that my application couldn't be processed any further unless I sent in a further piece of I.D. He then kinda paused as if to allow ME to suggest what I should do! I was like "You're the man in the call centre! YOU tell me!"

useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    I think it's pretty funny that, the two times I contacted Student Finance England, I've spoken to a Scottish woman and a French woman, both with very strong accents. :rolleyes:
    My thoughts. I spoke to two Scottish women and an American guy , all three claiming they couldn't understand my Brummie accent, pfft I couldn't understand a word the Scottish women were saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_22)
    You're not alone in this mess...

I have been fighting for the assessment with them since February...
    Snap, and they had the cheek to blame me. So I emailed complaints about their operators and said I don't want to phone back just want it sorted. They replied next day saying it was and they had sent the declaration out (don't they read!? The problem was that what they sent was incorrect!) and would send another copy of the incorrect declaration....well that's useful! :banghead:. I replied saying that and they've ignored me :mad:

By the way, are these jokers actually registered with the Financial Ombudsmen? I saw a suggestion to go to them…might finally make SLC do something useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANAH)
    My thoughts. I spoke to two Scottish women and an American guy , all three claiming they couldn't understand my Brummie accent, pfft I couldn't understand a word the Scottish women were saying
    I didnt even get to speak to anyone, as the voicemail keeps saying your PIN does not match your reference number :mad: :rant: The ref number is on all of the correspondence they have sent me and the pin is my birthday- how can they get it wrong??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack)
    Snap, and they had the cheek to blame me. So I emailed complaints about their operators and said I don't want to phone back just want it sorted. They replied next day saying it was and they had sent the declaration out (don't they read!? The problem was that what they sent was incorrect!) and would send another copy of the incorrect declaration....well that's useful! :banghead:. I replied saying that and they've ignored me :mad:

By the way, are these jokers actually registered with the Financial Ombudsmen? I saw a suggestion to go to them…might finally make SLC do something useful
    Have you the email address for the complaints?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure TBH what it covers, I work in a call centre and we can't disclose any personal information to the customer about the customer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliejames)
    Have you the email address for the complaints?
    [email protected]

Good luck.....

ReputationRep:
    the whole system is ****** retarded, you would think they would make it straightforward and be prepared to be flooded with applicants but no00o0o0o0.
    I've been waiting 4 weeks since i posted my evidence, and ive still not receievd any 'sign here to get your loan' letters. It says on my online application that they havent received it even though thats impossible and it says my parents application is incomplete even though I submitted their details 5 weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack)
    [email protected]

Good luck.....
    Cheers Zack, this should be interesting!

ReputationRep:
    They are incompetent fools... seriously... They made a mistake on my tuition loan application and they've sent me the final declaration form to me 3 times...

ReputationRep:
    My loan came through absolutely fine last year... But I've had about eight letters from them this year, each outlining how much I should be getting - and each saying a different amount. And there is normally a few days to a week between each letter, so it's hardly like anything has changed with me.
    And I got two dated for the same day, with about a two-hundred pound difference.

Hugely confusing.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Also I thought it was pretty funny and annoying how, if you click on the 'survey' thingy about how good you thought SF system is. The page comes up blank!

ReputationRep:
    No idea if I'm getting it or not. Their website is garish. And difficult to navigate. They keep sending me emails asking for evidence despite me sending my parents income and passport number. The whole experience is a nightmare and is scaring me away from the whole process. This could be done much simpler but, no, bureaucracy at its finest.

ReputationRep:
    Just wrote a tasty complaints email!

Its also annoying being on hold for aaages and its a 0845 number so being charged a bomb!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.