Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    "Status

We have processed your application although we are waiting on more information. This is to ensure you have some student finance in place when you begin your course.
    We have been unable to carry out a full financial assessment due to the reason(s) listed below.
    Sponsor 2 details not provided
    Sponsor 1 details not provided"

Can anyone explain this to me? I don't know what they're asking for here? A few months ago I sent off my parents income details and stuff why are they still asking for sponsor details? Ahhhhh, this is hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliejames)
    Just wrote a tasty complaints email!

Its also annoying being on hold for aaages and its a 0845 number so being charged a bomb!
    Use 0141 243 3929. It works for me and I get it out of my contract minutes. The thing asks for my ID & PIN/DOB/Whatever it is, but it never works even when I do it right, so I don't know if it's because I'm calling that number or because they've screwed my account up (would be good to get feedback actually), but after going through security checks (confirming name/address) it's fine, they haven't got a clue what number you use

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack)
    Use 0141 243 3929. It works for me and I get it out of my contract minutes. The thing asks for my ID & PIN/DOB/Whatever it is, but it never works even when I do it right, so I don't know if it's because I'm calling that number or because they've screwed my account up (would be good to get feedback actually), but after going through security checks (confirming name/address) it's fine, they haven't got a clue what number you use
    Ah cheers zack!

Least i can call them for free now..!

Hope everyone sorts their finance out in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliejames)
    Just wrote a tasty complaints email!

Its also annoying being on hold for aaages and its a 0845 number so being charged a bomb!
    Try:
    0141 306 2000

I use that number and for some odd reason, didn't get asked for my ART ID and other details. Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    Its weird though, its like our future and decided on how we will fund ourselves.

They really need a kick up the back side

ReputationRep:
    Yeah apparently a lot of pin and art ID number combinations don't work.....

I also got told that I have no parents and so won't be eligable for income assesed funding... despite the fact that they'd sent my parents (I actually do have parents really...) some financial assessment forms.

I sent them 3 CoF forms and it took them around 3 months to actually process one of them.

Biggest **** up ever

ReputationRep:
    agree with the thread title..

ReputationRep:
    Shall we all just march to their offices and just demand money. They obviously cant do anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    I'm not sure TBH what it covers, I work in a call centre and we can't disclose any personal information to the customer about the customer.
    Where on earth do you work, Heir-Head? As long as they can confirm their own Data Protection confirmation (usually, just your address and date of birth will suffice), they are perfectly entitled to access, confirm, or change their own information (subject to possible evidence requests). In addition, they are also entitled to ask for a subject access request form, and see in full all information held on them by the company.

A lot of companies take the Data Protection Act further than it was ever meant to be taken, in my opinion. A lot of customer service advisors also use it as an excuse to get out of fulfilling consumer requests, as they can say they don't believe the DPA requirements were met.

I believe the poor reputation of the DPA is down to the ignorance of the training departments within many large companies, who are just awful at properly teaching staff when and where DPA is relevant; and also down to many customer service characters who use it as an excuse to not do any work.

Heh, I sound a little bitter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devil in Your Details)
    Where on earth do you work, Heir-Head? As long as they can confirm their own Data Protection confirmation (usually, just your address and date of birth will suffice), they are perfectly entitled to access, confirm, or change their own information (subject to possible evidence requests). In addition, they are also entitled to ask for a subject access request form, and see in full all information held on them by the company.

A lot of companies take the Data Protection Act further than it was ever meant to be taken, in my opinion. A lot of customer service advisors also use it as an excuse to get out of fulfilling consumer requests, as they can say they don't believe the DPA requirements were met.

I believe the poor reputation of the DPA is down to the ignorance of the training departments within many large companies, who are just awful at properly teaching staff when and where DPA is relevant; and also down to many customer service characters who use it as an excuse to not do any work.

Heh, I sound a little bitter.
    We don't use it as an excuse to not do work, it's just what we're trained to do.

ReputationRep:
    Just thinking about them makes my blood boil.

I applied in Feb and all I've had since then is phone call after phone call with dim-wits who I have to explain the same story to - just hassle all the time! =| It's still not sorted....

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree! The forms are just confusing and ask for things that don't apply for me, yet don't give me any where to write why I don't have a UCAS number (I applied through the GTTR).

The people on the phone actually have no idea what they are on about either. I asked them about their income assessed and non-income assessed grant as what they say they offer and what my uni say I'm entitled to are competely different. I was told catagorically that 'no, the information your uni have provided is wrong', when it quite clearly isn't after speaking to some other incompetent idiot on the phone who said that what my uni letter quotes is right :confused:

I also didn't get sent a notes booklet so had to wait for one of them, then got half way through filling out my form before realising that they'd not included one of the sections I had to fill out, and had included duplicate pages so I had to ring them up for a second time to get the right forms. It's a basic stapled form - where is the difficulty in putting one togther with the right page numbers in?!

Fools. Absolute fools.

Oh, and if you don't apply for a loan, just a grant, be prepared to be confused on the reply letter outlining what you are entitled too - I had to phone them up to get it explained to me!

ReputationRep:
    I'd got a direct line through to SFE, no automated messages, no hold times. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to disclose it. This is what happens when things get centralised though.

ReputationRep:
    Its amazing reading all your stories!

I just cant believe they say im not eligible when i am!

I've had one letter returning my ID and this was pretty much the same week I sent off the application form and I've had another letter notifying that they've received my application and that's it.

I sent my application off over a month ago and I haven't heard anything from them since. Although I've heard that they have an 8 week backlog. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    We should all start contacting someone in the government, like the Head of Education, with our complaints about SFE. I was thinking of writing to Watchdog in BBC, but they don't start running until September. Something needs to be done about this! They are playing with out futures and it is not funny!

Thanks to everyone who signed the petition. Keep it coming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    We don't use it as an excuse to not do work, it's just what we're trained to do.
    That is what I meant in regard to the training. Poor comprehension of the Act itself results in a terrible adherence to entirely fictional elements of the statute.

I manage a rather large office of support advisors, who are on the phones intermittently. A hell of a lot of them try and get out of work by misusing the DPA. It is incredibly annoying and I've given out countless disciplinary letters because of it.

It is a shame the training of a lot of call centre staff is to such a poor standard; it really impacts on customers negatively.

Not that I'm having a go at you, Heir-Head; I understand it completely.

ReputationRep:
    Also, more on the topic:

If anybody is having issues with Student Finance, demand that the Glasgow office transfers you to Darlington. The Glasgow office is purely call centre staff who really don't know what they are doing, and they are removed from the proper management heirarchy. The Darlington staff are far more clued up, helpful, and they have direct access to the higher-ups.

ReputationRep:
    I sent all my evidence in for assessment, and said I wanted a tuition fee and maintenance loan - they send me a letter back giving me nothing.

At some point, they made an error. Meaning I spent two hours on the phone to them to sort it out, and had to fill in two more forms.

Still haven't received a final notification of how much I'm getting!

Stupd people! Their automate phone service is RIDICULOUS.

ReputationRep:
    I did it all online and never had to send anything in. Dunno if it's to do with the new passports...

My mum had to send a P60, that's it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.