Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The number of times I have called these retarded people after I left uni in December, they give you different answers EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PHONE THEM, they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, they keep you on hold for 20 mins at a time, they've sent me notifications of reassessment for loans and grants after I left 10 times and counting. I paid off my debt, I'm still not entirely sure if I have to pay off the £714 worth of grant I was entitled to cause some of them say I have to, some of them say I don't. They now owe me money because I paid off my loan which hadn't taken into account the amount deducted from my June payslip and since I've left work, they haven't sent me my payslip so I have no idea how much this is. They are a complete ******* joke. I made an official complaint, I got a personal response back in the email which gave you a response regarding your very own situation and not general ********. Still. I always dread opening their ******* letters cause I always think it's going to be them demanding money that I owe when they told me I wouldn't have to pay anything back yet. ARGH. I have a lot of anger towards these people.

Rant over.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whats all your problem. I did it and it was really easy and quick. Pretty much get sister to fill out form for parents then send it off, two weeks later it has been approved.

ReputationRep:
    I've lived in Scotland for a year so thought i'd get away with using SAAS after the trouble everyone i know had with Student Finacen England but they rejected it saying that i haven't lived there for a full 12 months on the date that term starts which they reckon to be August 1st and i moved in on August 6th!!
    Then i tried Student Finance England who wouldn't allow it because my post code is in Scotland so i had to fill in the paper copy which took about 4 weeks from when i called to get to me and now the date they recieved it on the website is about 3 weeks after i sent it so is after the deadline! Grrrrrrrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    It took them two months to send back a letter saying our proof of income is too old. So now we have sent them the correct proof, we are probably gonna have to wait another two months before that clears through! Freshers week = Me with no money!

ReputationRep:
    As if it were all that easy for all of us.

They have bullsed up their end and now i have to wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    It took them two months to send back a letter saying our proof of income is too old. So now we have sent them the correct proof, we are probably gonna have to wait another two months before that clears through! Freshers week = Me with no money!
    What documents do we have to send to the student finance company? I feel like kicking myself for not applying yet as some 1 told me that u can apply till September so i was jus being lazy lol!

ReputationRep:
    Same thing happened to me. I had to get my uni to get onto them to tell them that I was on a foundation course.
    I still don't have my grant money yet either.

Just stick with it, you'll get it eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelotrevs)
    Same thing happened to me. I had to get my uni to get onto them to tell them that I was on a foundation course.
    I still don't have my grant money yet either.

Just stick with it, you'll get it eventually.
    Finally someone with the same thing as me!

Im actually going to the uni on monday, should i tell them this and get them to contact student finance and sort it out?

ReputationRep:
    It's not a joke, a joke should be funny. Student Finance ain't a ******* joke :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliejames)

Im actually going to the uni on monday, should i tell them this and get them to contact student finance and sort it out?
    Yes. You may just need to get them to confirm that the course you're doing is foundation degree and eligible. (providing you meet all the other criteria?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titch89)
    Yes. You may just need to get them to confirm that the course you're doing is foundation degree and eligible. (providing you meet all the other criteria?)
    Yea im eligible as they said in the letter they take foundation degrees. Bit weird may be just a **** up somewhere. But will get my uni to sort it out.
    And as for the p60's i sent off, god knows what has happened to them

ReputationRep:

Yeah. Get them to do that. My uni (Brunel) were extremely helpful with this stuff. I think that they wrote Student Finance a letter confirming I was on a foundation degree.
    It is really annoying, and bothersome. Get it sorted before you start uni, because not having money during uni is no fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelotrevs)
    Yeah. Get them to do that. My uni (Brunel) were extremely helpful with this stuff. I think that they wrote Student Finance a letter confirming I was on a foundation degree.
    It is really annoying, and bothersome. Get it sorted before you start uni, because not having money during uni is no fun.
    Cheers mate really helpful

I will be breathing up there backs every day about this, i really dont want to get a loan from my parents until this clears!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I didnt even get to speak to anyone, as the voicemail keeps saying your PIN does not match your reference number :mad: :rant: The ref number is on all of the correspondence they have sent me and the pin is my birthday- how can they get it wrong??
    Mine doesn't work either

Let's see... I sent off all the financial stuff to be assessed sometime in April, didn't hear much from them over the next few weeks, phoned them up mid June/end of June and apparently they only received the financial stuff a few days before that :rolleyes: It apparently takes nearly two months for mail to reach them :rolleyes:

They also sent me a non assessed on to sign back which I did under their instruction - they said once they reassess they'll send another declaration which of course I've heard nothing else about since :shifty:

Might give them a call again sometime...

ReputationRep:
    Cheers mate really helpful

I will be breathing up there backs every day about this, i really dont want to get a loan from my parents until this clears!
    Also another quick question,
    would they need to start my application from scratch? They have all my p60's etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Mine doesn't work either

Let's see... I sent off all the financial stuff to be assessed sometime in April, didn't hear much from them over the next few weeks, phoned them up mid June/end of June and apparently they only received the financial stuff a few days before that :rolleyes: It apparently takes nearly two months for mail to reach them :rolleyes:

They also sent me a non assessed on to sign back which I did under their instruction - they said once they reassess they'll send another declaration which of course I've heard nothing else about since :shifty:

Might give them a call again sometime...

Calling them is a waste of time, I only get to answerphone. Whilst I have been away, mum told me they sent a letter of approval, but sinse she lost it I never laid my eyes on it. So now I'm not even sure whether I should panic or relax :unsure:

P.S FFC, its the first time I speak to you on here, despite always seeing you on medical forum :p: :hi:.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I believe that particular award goes to Wales.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    I can't get over the fact that they ask the person confirming who you are (if you're sending your birth certificate) their passport number. :| They don't even ask people that when you're applying for an actual passport. :/
    yes they do.

ReputationRep:
    Oh. My bad, evidently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_22)
    Sign the petition guys - maybe like that we'll get someone to notice their endless failures!
    Off topic but do you also have the petition which thinks Jeremy Clarkson should be Prime Minister?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.