Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Calling them is a waste of time, I only get to answerphone. Whilst I have been away, mum told me they sent a letter of approval, but sinse she lost it I never laid my eyes on it. So now I'm not even sure whether I should panic or relax :unsure:

P.S FFC, its the first time I speak to you on here, despite always seeing you on medical forum :p: :hi:.
    Probably is a waste of time, might just wait for a while and see what happens :p:

Letter of approval? Sounds somewhat important? :unsure:

haha this is true :p: :hi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Probably is a waste of time, might just wait for a while and see what happens :p:

Letter of approval? Sounds somewhat important? :unsure:

haha this is true :p: :hi:
    Dead important, going to harass my mum/search over the house to find it :sadnod:
    Pleased to make your aquaitance :five: :beer: :hugs: !

ReputationRep:
    Dead important, going to harass my mum/search over the house to find it :sadnod:
    Pleased to make your aquaitance :five: :beer: :hugs: !
    Indeed, if you can't find it I'm sure you can somehow get them to send it again :p:

Same to you :yep: :five: :beer: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coroar)
    Anyone else had the problem of applying online and then all your details being lost so you have to fill in a paper form?

That happened with my Mum's details and then they were miraculously 'found' again, so since then I've filled everything in online AND by post. Incompetent idiots

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, if you can't find it I'm sure you can somehow get them to send it again :p:

Same to you :yep: :five: :beer: :hugs:
    Yes, if they accept my pin :mad: :p: how stupid is the whole business, esp sinse you have to pay for calls and end up re-dialling all the time :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    Go into the office and talk to them in person.
    Usually this works. When I applied for mine, they kept sending back the form saying things were wrong. So I took it to the office of my local authority Derby City Council and asked them what I had to do and it was fine.

Websites and phones are a great way of people fobbing you off without actually sorting things out.

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from student finance saying they needed some more documents. I tried to log into my online account but it was "locked" so I couldn't access it. I therefore phoned them up to find out what documents they needed. The phone call cost me £3.50 and I was on hold for 13 minutes and talking to someone for 2. The most annoying thing was that I didn't even need to send them anymore documents, it had already gone for approval. Bloody student finance!

ReputationRep:
    The word 'joke' doesn't even begin to describe them, they make the whole thing SOOO complicated it's unreal!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if they accept my pin :mad: :p: how stupid is the whole business, esp sinse you have to pay for calls and end up re-dialling all the time :rant:
    Yeah my pin has never worked

Though talking to one of their people might be alright...maybe....:p:

That is if you can understand them with their rather strong accents :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    And now I'm waiting a gazillion years for the site to load. After it told me the other day my password and ID question answer were wrong (which they WERENT) AND they said they can only hold ID stuff for two weeks, which is ballcocks. I'll be phoning Monday to find out what's going on!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone recieved about 10/15 final status notification letters for LAST YEARS i.e. the2008/2009 academic year?

Why do they send those? I've applied for student support and was hoping to get the "final status notification letter" for the upcoming academic year i.e. the 2009/10 academic year

And whenever I call them, they give me different answers. One advisor said I couldnt apply for tuition fee loan, another advisor said I could, the third advisor said "Maybe".

So I applied and my application has been approved. Which suggests I can apply for a tuition fee loan and will recieve it. I wasnt going to go to Uni at one point because the first advisor I spoke to said I couldnt and I didnt have any other means to pay for a University course.

So glad I didnt give up on this. The whole system is a shambles. For something so important, it's a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my pin has never worked

Though talking to one of their people might be alright...maybe....:p:

That is if you can understand them with their rather strong accents :ninja:
    tbh I'm ok with most accents (Brummie accent training :p: ) But i have forgotten how to reach one of their people? Is it by shouting at the phone :p: ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    Off topic but do you also have the petition which thinks Jeremy Clarkson should be Prime Minister?
    No, I don't. SFE petition isn't my creation either.

ReputationRep:
    I think I need to start my application...

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    If you ever need to ring them, don't bother with 0845 number as it will cost you a bomb, call 0141 243 3929.

ReputationRep:
    Don't even get me started on student finance england! They rejected my online application so i had to print one out and send it off, knowing them they'll probably lose all the original evidence i sent and i'll be totally stuffed. I've rung them quite afew times and speak to idiots that have no clue what is going on! By the time i've spent out ringing that 0845 number i could of paid my tuition fees myself!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coroar)
    If you ever need to ring them, don't bother with 0845 number as it will cost you a bomb, call 0141 243 3929.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    tbh I'm ok with most accents (Brummie accent training :p: ) But i have forgotten how to reach one of their people? Is it by shouting at the phone :p: ?
    Well I haven't had any "accent training" :p:

Shouting at them down the phone might help you get your point across, but I always try to be nice to them first :p:

ReputationRep:
    They processed my application and wanted proof that im living singly when theyd even sent letters to my parents on the same address! I rang them and had a word in my 'im going to kill you' tone. Now its all sorted. I think theyre either retarded or aliens

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.