The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Pigeon Explosion
^ I would also like to know this, as I'm assuming the form for my signature will be arriving soon.
I've just been told today that I'm being non-means tested because student finance haven't received evidence from my mother, even though it was sent to them at least a month and a half ago :frown: I am not happy.

That's the exact same problem I have, they've told me multiple times in emails and letters my mums not sent stuff, but when I call advisors they say she has and it's their mistake, now I'm being non means tested because of them saying they haven't got enough evidence. I don't want to sign the form because what if that means I'm basically agreeing to the lower amount, surely if they are going to do the means tested bit soon I should hold out and wait for that form instead?
Reply 141
I just looked online, and it's saying I'm not eligible for a tuition fee loan and that my tuition fees must be payed by my household? WTF?

I also got an e-mail saying they urgently need evidence from me - but when I look on the evidence summary page, it says they received my passport? do I need to send it again? the website isn't asking me too, just this e-mail I've got?

Also, my mum was asked to fill in a form, and we sent it to the darlington office since it said to send it to the address on the website - but now I'm thinking it should've been sent to the LEA. I have no idea. This whole system is SO inept.
Reply 142
Just a quick reminder guys-please sign! At least 218 more signatures needed!

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Finance-Student/
Reply 143
eve_22

The mods can't by any chance put the link to the site as a sticky could they?
they are apparently running 6-8 weeks behind, does that mean we will be starting uni with no money?

why cant they anticipate the numbers of people that will be applying?

have they never done this before?

Im waiting to hear, applied in march, sent some evidence in june, that still isn't on their system, how do I know it isn't lost in the post?

I phoned them several times, computer still says no!!!!!!

Im considering marching on down to their Darlington office!!!

anyone coming?
i am looking for answers, this thread has all the questions but none of the answers and leaves one feeling more confused and worried that there will be no money in time for uni

No offence but meant to any student finance employees (much!) but the system is ran by a bunch of window lickers, who haunt got any clues as to where it is, when it is, how it is,

computer says noooooo!

worried student finance obsessive needs putting out of misery!!!!!

Please help before i start chasing my tail.....
Reply 146
Just a heads up to everyone, I called up again today and got through to a nice lady who checked with the processing dept and said that I needed to send in my mums signature again. My mum then took over the phone and asked to speak to a manager, so the lady put her through to her team leader who then got Jeff from the processing department to look through my entire application again, means testing me today and hopefully calling me back later this afternoon. They did confirm that they had 100% everything needed to process my application (so if they are telling you they need to send you stuff in still, chances are they are completely wrong) and that you need to sign any letters even if they come with the non means testing bit because as someone else on this thread mentioned, your signing the terms and conditions, not agreeing to the amount stated on the letter.

So if you're still stuck, call up, give them your details then get your parents to ask to speak to a manager or something!
Reply 147
"Assessment status - Approved"

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 148
turgon
The mods can't by any chance put the link to the site as a sticky could they?

As much as I do agree with the cause, I would feel we need to take a more neutral stance to avoid claims against us. After all, SFE/SLC do monitor this forum.
Reply 149
Signed..

Grow some balls, make it a sticky. :wink:
Reply 150
Sabaidee
Signed..

Grow some balls, make it a sticky. :wink:

Seeing balls and sticky in the same post reminded me I need a shower.

My decision on this as the new mod for Money & Finance stands, however muffins do go down well as bribes.
Reply 151
What about chocolate salty balls?
Reply 152
I'll also have to pass on those.

This forum will now be money issues, financial discussions and muffin-related debates.

Ok, back on topic now in 3,2,1...
Reply 153
Either way, guys and girls, please keep signing! Sticky or no sticky, we need 210 more signatures in order to have this chaotic organisation investigated!
Reply 154
I sent filled out the first form online about a week ago, am i too late? will I get the money before I start uni?

My status says: approved , awaiting signature.

I have not been income assessed for my parents to get a grant though....
Taiko
Seeing balls and sticky in the same post reminded me I need a shower.

My decision on this as the new mod for Money & Finance stands, however muffins do go down well as bribes.

What flavour :wink: ? I'm good at chocolate-orange :p:
'
We have processed your application although we are waiting on more information. This is to ensure you have some student finance in place when you begin your course.
We have been unable to carry out a full financial assessment due to the reason(s) listed below.

* Sponsor 2 financial evidence not provided
* Sponsor 1 financial evidence not provided'

Is this normal despite the fact that financial evidence has been provided for both?
Reply 157
TheLouisVuittonDon
'
We have processed your application although we are waiting on more information. This is to ensure you have some student finance in place when you begin your course.
We have been unable to carry out a full financial assessment due to the reason(s) listed below.

* Sponsor 2 financial evidence not provided
* Sponsor 1 financial evidence not provided'

Is this normal despite the fact that financial evidence has been provided for both?

I sent my parent's P60s off at the start of June. I got the exact same letter about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. I'm currently on the phone to SFE and have been on hold for the past 25 minutes :mad: God knows how much this phonecall is costing me!
Reply 158
eve_22

why don't ya create a group on facebook and get everyone to sign up for it, that means more and more students and more signatures possibly,

ill join the group i've already signed up to the petition weeks ago
AmyJ
When your assessment status is final, you should get a Payment Schedule in the post in early September.

thanks for that. got my payment schedule today and there only maintenance grant/loan and tuition fees.

no special support grant/loan or parental learning allowance

I have already sent them the evidence that my children exist and a change of circumstance form informing them of my children's existence....what gives!!!! :confused: :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending