Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What do u think? I mean all we do is memorize terms that most of them we won't need in life.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that it's quite a useless subject; the majority of the questions are more logical thinking than really knowing a lot. It will be especially easy for you if you've had previous experience with computers/technology.

ReputationRep:
    What is ITGS/what does it stand for?

ReputationRep:
    Information Technology in a Global Society or something along those lines

ReputationRep:
    Unless you are into ethical use of technology and such, ITGS is a really useless subject.

ReputationRep:
    thanks, that's what I thought too.
    Wish I took Business instead

ReputationRep:
    pretty much, i was really pissed when i discovered that ITGS wasnt really IT related. and my school wouldnt offer anything diffrent

ReputationRep:
    I took ITGS and found it really easy (got a 7 in HL), and also a very fun class since it was so little work. Nevertheless, I know the statistics for that subject are very low, with barely anyone getting a 7. This is because people think the subject is easy, but you really have to be interested in technology and know all the current events to do well.

And I don't think it's pointless, it teaches you the ever more growing importance of technology in our lives, and what problems we encounter with them (privacy, security, etc).

The difficult thing about ITGS is that it so highly depends on the teacher as there is no clear syllabus. Some might get a teacher that makes the lessons very interesting, but others might get a teacher who doesn't even know what he/she is supposed to teach.

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHA i am so emailing this link to all of my 6 ITGS classmates... we all agreed that it is the most pointless subject... but because we are the first year IB students in our school, there are only 3 subject to choose from in group 3 - economics, history and ITGS. So id rather memorise definitions and score highly in ITGS than do eco or history and not do as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.