Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm so freaking obsessed with stationary. I like buying stationary more than clothes or shoes or handbags or perhaps anything other than bedding and towels and houseware :o:
    Sadly I cannot rationalise buying more stationary for A2 year
    Looking forward to Uni shopping though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GilmoreGirlsFan)
    JW what the best method for organising language vocab is? Personally I used a folder for GCSE but I have been tolod this isnt the best method.
    For Spanish AS I used a folder for my general work and notes and a tiny A6 notebook to write any new vocab in, which worked quite well

ReputationRep:
    A HOLE PUNCH.
    i cannot stress this enough.

(Original post by elziebelzie)
    A HOLE PUNCH.
    i cannot stress this enough.
    :ditto: PLUS a stapler. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    do people actually use their diaries / school planners any more. I found it quite useful at GCSE because I had loads of subjects, and carried on at start of y12 using it, but by Christmas I didn't even take it to school any more. So do you guys use it in sixth form?

ReputationRep:
    a stapler!

ReputationRep:
    Diary seriously you need it to write all your deadlines in

Question where is everyone getting folders from this year i cant stand plain ones (usually go for hello kitty or something stupid) and seen as wollies has closed I have no idea where to go hmm

ReputationRep:
    To those without lockers:

Who took four folders, who took one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorian gray)
    To those without lockers:

Who took four folders, who took one?
    had a locker took 5 one for each subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)

Question where is everyone getting folders from this year i cant stand plain ones (usually go for hello kitty or something stupid) and seen as wollies has closed I have no idea where to go hmm
    loads of places sell those types of folders. to name a few: whsmiths, rymans and then tescos/asda/sainsburys etc all have patterned folders in =)

ReputationRep:
    I hope to pass my driving test by about January and when I do, I'll be taking four folders to college every day. I would just leave the one's i don't need straight away in the car. I think starting off, I'll have to use one lever arch folder.

I'm getting mine from WH Smith, I think.

I'm getting these:
    http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndS...-90007668.html

ReputationRep:
    why is everyone using lever arch files? Im gonna use one of these to take to school, and have lever arch files at home. To write on Im using something similar to this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJN)
    Just steal stuff when you get there, within a week you will know what you need and have gotten it for free.
    How the hell have you got 0 posts?

ReputationRep:
    I started out by using a lever arch file like everyone else, but I really didn't want to carry it round all day, it was a pain.
    I ended up using display files. (Google it if you don't know the ones I mean.)
    They're so much easier to carry round as they're thin and lighter.
    Plus if you buy them you save on having to buy lots of poly pockets and having to make sure you hole punch everything.
    I just have a few different coloured ones, one for each subject. I'd go to cheaper stationary shops for these, some others like WHSmith are a bit of a rip off I've found.
    Just make sure you get the ones with lots of pages and you're sorted!
    Then with other stationary, you can get like a pack of 20 black biros for 99p in WHSmith, that'll get you through the year. A pencil, ruler, rubber, sharpener etc etc. Then a pack of highlighters and some other coloured pens and pencils.
    Also the biggest A4 pad of lined paper the shop does.
    A notebook and diary of some sort may be good aswell if you like to be organised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    :ditto: PLUS a stapler. :yes:
    Hey academic, what year are you in?

Umm... I don't really want to say.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing year 9. Or 10. :P

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone recommended a pencil case. Stationery is great WITH a pencil case.

Is a spare can of red bull necessary or is it suddenly easier to stay awake in college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)

Paperchase have loads of pretty ones.

In fact paperchase = the god of stationary shops. I buy all mine from there often color/design co-ordinated.

I too love stationary shopping, tis' the highlight of my year :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    How the hell have you got 0 posts?
    For the lulz

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.