Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
    Has anyone recommended a pencil case. Stationery is great WITH a pencil case.

Is a spare can of red bull necessary or is it suddenly easier to stay awake in college?
    Try this, its way better than red bull. and cheaper. You can buy it at boots or superdrug etc. Its nickname is "student fuel" lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Umm... I don't really want to say.
    Oh sorry, I didn't mean to pry.
    I got the feeling you're moving from GCSEs into Sixth Form this year, like me, I was going to ask what subjects are you taking but yeah.

Who here writes in fountain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJN)
    For the lulz
    *gets confused*

ReputationRep:
    i love this time of year when the shops get their new stationery ranges in although its hard to find a reason to buy more !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    *gets confused*
    I think they would have done it by choosing to hide their post count in their account settings, then putting 'Posts: 0' in the location box after their location! I've seen things like the infinity symbol and 'over 9000' as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlondeNorfolkGirl)
    I think they would have done it by choosing to hide their post count in their account settings, then putting 'Posts: 0' in the location box after their location! I've seen things like the infinity symbol and 'over 9000' as well.
    ok, they must have some time on there hands then!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm always very overprepared but here's what's in my drawer ready for September:
    - pens (a couple biros, black fountain pen, blue fountain pen + fountain pen ink cartridges)
    - pencils
    - pencil sharpener
    - eraser
    - pencil case
    - ruler
    - mini stapler + staples (bought it just before the end of last year and it's VERY useful)
    - scientific calculator + graphical calculator [ I do maths + further maths so... ]
    - a few plastic folders
    - labels to label these folders.
    - lots of plastic wallets + A4 refill pads. (I have ~300 plastic wallets and ~600 sheets worth of A4 refill pads atm and I doubt that'll last me past December or so, but I do double maths so yeah.)

My way of filing my work away is a seperate plastic folder for each exam going to be taken, and put the work for each new topic in a new plastic wallet.

ReputationRep:
    I've not brought anything yet. Because I don't know what I'm going to be doing.

ReputationRep:
    To organise your notes I think this works well:

Have one A4 file with dividers for each subject. You should be able to get at least a week's worth of work per subject. Then just have lever arch files at home, one per subject with dividers for modules or teacher or however you feel like organising your work. I think it would be best if you get some good quality files as they will last longer. It's pretty annoying when folders break.

Other than that:

Black biros (you will need to write in black for exams)
    Pencils
    Pencil sharpener
    Mechanical pencil (this might work out to be more expensive because the refills aren't exactly cheap)
    Ruler
    Calculator
    Hole punch
    Stapler
    HIGHLIGHTERS - I only realised how useful these are for revision when I started uni.
    Plastic wallets
    Lots of paper. You can buy a big refill pad from ryman's for like 99p. You could use this in class for notes which can get messy, then if you want have different paper for permanent notes that you want to keep because the paper quality isn't very good and highlighters etc just soak it through.

That's all I can think of right now. I love stationery! I think I have enough to last me until I am about 40.

(Original post by SHABANA)

HIGHLIGHTERS - I only realised how useful these are for revision when I started uni.
    Do you highlighten parts of a text book or your own notes?
    I revise by reading lots and condensing my notes into more notes! I don't think I could ever bring myself to permanently mark a book and when I had to I photocopied the pages and wrote on those.

ReputationRep:
    pen
    paper

You people make things difficult!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choirboy)
    Do you highlighten parts of a text book or your own notes?
    I revise by reading lots and condensing my notes into more notes! I don't think I could ever bring myself to permanently mark a book and when I had to I photocopied the pages and wrote on those.
    My own notes. I bought my own textbooks but I don't highlight in them in case I want to sell them later. I just make notes sometimes in pencil if I have to.

ReputationRep:
    People with a hole puncher are like the Gods of the classroom, they have power over everyone else's organisation. Share it out and everyone gets organised notes. Don't share it out and papers will be falling out of folders everywhere. Take advantage of the power that you have. :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.