Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There's not a lot of point in buying the pack before you move into your halls (most people don't buy them in advance) - apart from the events pass it's all ***** that's already on the website.
    Reason for holding off is because most people will go to one event, realise how dire the events and entertainments at the unions usually are, then just go out to proper clubs for the rest of the week. I used mine once last year and really felt hard done by as it was £32 that could've been spent on drink!

Gold card on the other hand is a total waste of cash.
    If you really want to subject yourself to the big cheese, just get in there on time when it's free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green_glitter)
    IAWTC. contrary to popular belief, we're not all rahs :rolleyes:
    What? Nooooooooooooo :eek3:

:bawling: *dreams of meeting Stinker Pinkers, Bertie Woosters and various Fotheringay-Phippses disintegrate* :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScholarsInk)
    What? Nooooooooooooo :eek3:

:bawling: *dreams of meeting Stinker Pinkers, Bertie Woosters and various Fotheringay-Phippses disintegrate* :bawling:
    Aw, don't worry old bean, I'd be surprised if there was no one like. Just not, you know, everyone (I don't think the world could handle that haha)

ReputationRep:
    Aw, don't worry old bean, I'd be surprised if there was no one like. Just not, you know, everyone (I don't think the world could handle that haha)
    Thanks Egg, that had afflicted me with a nameless horror. Good to hear that not all is as feared, what.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what bands are playing at Edinburgh Freshers Week....if any?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qosfan4eva)
    Does anyone know what bands are playing at Edinburgh Freshers Week....if any?
    Yeah info on that would be pretty good haha...

Well I know that Eoghan Quigg and Girls Can't Catch will be playing but thats about it

Try the callender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by craig409)
    Yeah info on that would be pretty good haha...

Well I know that Eoghan Quigg and Girls Can't Catch will be playing but thats about it

Try the callender.
    Wow, there are actually some pretty cool looking things on that calendar. My fresher's week at my current university was incredibally lame, just a few library tours and such. I'm gonna check out all the music events, there's apparently a tour of music shops and venues run by the indie society, sounds grand!

Haha, maybe I should invest in the fresher's week pack after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joolier)
    Wow, there are actually some pretty cool looking things on that calendar. My fresher's week at my current university was incredibally lame, just a few library tours and such. I'm gonna check out all the music events, there's apparently a tour of music shops and venues run by the indie society, sounds grand!

Haha, maybe I should invest in the fresher's week pack after all.
    Yeah haha, I haven't fully looked at the events on the callender yet but it looked good so far from what I can see,

Good mix of campus tours with music events and what not ,
    The only thing im a bit confused about is wheither or not to buy the £66 pass with the gold thing or just get the £32 one, btu then I noticed that you can now buy the gold pass seperate so and it would cost the same amount of money haha so there is no real point and buying them together unless you know if its really useful or not :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by craig409)
    Yeah haha, I haven't fully looked at the events on the callender yet but it looked good so far from what I can see,

Good mix of campus tours with music events and what not ,
    The only thing im a bit confused about is wheither or not to buy the £66 pass with the gold thing or just get the £32 one, btu then I noticed that you can now buy the gold pass seperate so and it would cost the same amount of money haha so there is no real point and buying them together unless you know if its really useful or not :p:
    don't.
    unless you're gonna go to the big cheese every week of your life for the next year (or are the passes only valid for a semester?) then you may as well pop your money in an envelope and post it to EUSA as a donation.
    given you've mentioned you like music i do not think you'll be going to the old cheese on a weekly basis!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    don't.
    unless you're gonna go to the big cheese every week of your life for the next year (or are the passes only valid for a semester?) then you may as well pop your money in an envelope and post it to EUSA as a donation.
    given you've mentioned you like music i do not think you'll be going to the old cheese on a weekly basis!!
    Hear hear!
    They're only valid for one semester, so it's even worse value for money.
    Seriously, you'll realise that the uni's entertainments are utter ***** within about 15mins of arriving and you'll end up going to 'proper' clubs. Edinburgh is so badly served when you compare it to Glasgow with the QMU and GU, but the student nights in real clubs go some way to making up for it, and Teviot is my all-time favourite union for having a drink in, so it's not all doom and gloom!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScholarsInk)
    Thanks Egg, that had afflicted me with a nameless horror. Good to hear that not all is as feared, what.
    I would consider this bird who wrote post 54 to be relevant to our interests...at least his name sounds like he stepped straight out of a novel by dear old Plum, what?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to buy it on my arrival. I think it's great for the people not from Edinburgh to get to know the city and other students, while having a lot of fun. There are might be better clubs and events, but do many people from Edinburgh know about them?

ReputationRep:
    I would consider this bird who wrote post 54 to be relevant to our interests...at least his name sounds like he stepped straight out of a novel by dear old Plum, what?
    Let's hope that he's a corker - if he's of the sort that find themselves engaged in Swedish excercises and the like, we might find ourselves in the soup.

Might you be in that thread old Egg? I believe in no uncertain fashion that said site might find itself suited to the establishment of a Wodehouse society much like helments are suited to pinching.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.