Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    Expensive :curious: what? I thought they all did this?
    Nah, I was in Whitefields in first year, and they just clean the communal areas. Pretty sure its the same next year, in Hurst.

ReputationRep:
    Rootes gets cleaned but my cleaner was pretty cool, didn't seem to mind when I smashed the light cover....or when I completely rearranged the room so I could optimise it for using a projector but as for ovens I still think you're gonna have it tough. Plus your room is going to stink like hell of cooking...or where you going to use it in the kitchen? Although that would look pretty odd seeing someone using their own little oven...on their own...with no meat...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keziah)
    Nah, I was in Whitefields in first year, and they just clean the communal areas. Pretty sure its the same next year, in Hurst.
    I'm gonna be in Hurst next year too :-)

Hope they only clean communal areas, don't like the idea of the cleaners going into my room!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlet)
    I'm gonna be in Hurst next year too :-)

Hope they only clean communal areas, don't like the idea of the cleaners going into my room!
    4 days until you become proper old!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry if this has already been asked but will I be allowed a mini-fridge in my room? y'see I've been studying abroad in my gap year and although a communal fridge is fine, i had a mini fridge in my room which was a godsend because people didn't take my precious stashes of food/alcohol all very important on a budget.......my friends at uni in London say it's fine. Any thoughts??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ueno_J)
    Hey, sorry if this has already been asked but will I be allowed a mini-fridge in my room? y'see I've been studying abroad in my gap year and although a communal fridge is fine, i had a mini fridge in my room which was a godsend because people didn't take my precious stashes of food/alcohol all very important on a budget.......my friends at uni in London say it's fine. Any thoughts??
    You can't have a mini fridge according to the rules unless you're a diabetic. You could possibly get away with it though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.