Scroll to see replies

Cultivated
No and I don't ever want to have it. :sad:

Who does though, really?? :p:
missaphrodite
Who does though, really?? :p:

Not me :colondollar:

:awesome:
My friend has got it and I was in her house last night.
Well she SAYS she has it and that shes got tamiflu but she's been out to tescos and stuff, so she cant really think shes got it that bad.
Reply 43
In after those with a mild virus claim swine flu.
nope I don't have swine flu

I do, however, have a very bad chesty cough, runny nose, and headache, but considering the fact that I'm not lying in bed dying I assume it's not swine-flu.

I think people are just getting colds these days and panicking thinking they've got swine flu.
PinkMobilePhone
nope I don't have swine flu

I do, however, have a very bad chesty cough, runny nose, and headache, but considering the fact that I'm not lying in bed dying I assume it's not swine-flu.

I think people are just getting colds these days and panicking thinking they've got swine flu.

Just what I was gonna say. There are lots of bugs and viruses going around at the moment because the weather is so changeable in different places. My mum has felt odd back at home and both myself and some colleagues here at work have had the odd funny moment with headaches, nearly fainting and feeling sick. I think a lot of people are just jumping to conclusions. There was a girl back at mum's work who thought she had swine flu, was given tamiflu and she obviously didn't have it because she reacted badly to the drug.
I might have already had it cos I had a bad cold about two weeks ago and I still have a bit of a cough but I doubt it highly.
Reply 47
i have it, and just keep coughin on other people lool
Reply 48
wickendale
I just don't want to get it this week- I'm going on holiday in a few days. If I get it ON holiday or when I come back it's all gravy. =]

I'm the same!!! I go next Sunday/Monday I so hope i don't get it before then. Ive booked time off of work for it so it would be my 'luck' tha i got it the week I had booked off lol.

Have been well looking 4ward to this hol!
Nope, but I want it now so I don't have to deal with it in the winter.

Methinks Fresher's Flu is going to be a barrell of laughs this year?? :woo:
I actually thought I had it...but I don't!
EmK_89
Not joking, I have almost all those symptoms and have only been sick just over 24 hours. But the thing is, I could probably have the normal flu and not swine flu at all. But how are people getting diagnosed with swine flu?

There's no such thing as 'normal' flu, all flu types are slightly different, swine flu is just a strain of flu. The reason why its been characterised differently is because most flu types that float around seasonally, affect a smaller number of people because they are familiar so a lot of people in teh community have had them before and have some immunity. Swine flu there is not much immunity.

But if you get 'normal flu' you're likely to feel the same as if you get 'swine flu'
Reply 52
Anonymous

Why I'm so worried: I'm an asthmatic and I've had a cough that won't go away recently. I worry that if I caught it now it could be very, very serious. :frown: I'm also supposed to be playing a football game tomorrow, although I'm pretty sure the guy driving me up has had it about a week ago.

I have a cough that won't go away too :frown: (an I'm asthmatic). I went to the doc, an they gave me antibiotics, I still have the cough, but not so many other symptoms - you should probably get checked out to, if just to ease your mind, if you've had it for more than 2 weeks they give you antibiotics :smile:

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about swine flu too. If you get it just rest lots/keep warm and you'll be fine :yes:
i have it =/ its not really that bad though to be honest...
just kinda like normal flu...
a litte worse and it wont go away as easily..
ive been told to collect tamiflu so my mums gonna go pick it up in a bit =/
Reply 54
I had it, and it wasn't half as bad as most people are making out. Most cases are mild, it's just everyones hearing about the serious ones.
I had a very sore throat (most painful symptom), fever (most annoying symptom), and splitting headache, along with achey joints. I took paracetamol, as I was pretty much over it when the doctor said I had swine flu, and Tamiflu had lots of side effects. I managed fine with the paracetamol. Took about a week and a couple of days to be rid of it.
Reply 55
I had it, and was only ill for two days. Would have managed fine with paracetamol alone as my symptoms were a fever, runny nose, sore throat and cough, but as I am asthmatic my doctor gave me Tamiflu. My asthma was ok during the whole shebang. I've had worse colds tbh.

Gave it to the bf though and he was very poorly for three days even though he has no underlying conditions...so I guess it hits people differently.
Reply 56
But is it really that dangerous? France is eventually planing to call total alarm this autumn and they even think that closing all borders would be a solution...
I get the idea that the media and governments are are just over dramatizing it a bit here.

http://pediatrics.about.com/od/swineflu/a/409_myths_facts.htm the best page about it is in French, so this is all I found for now in English (((
Reply 57
I've got it. Have been ill just over a week but only really bad since saturday. The only difference between this and normal flu for me is the fact that I couldn't keep anything down. Even when i've had flu before i've been able to keep water down but not with this.

Am beginning to get better now but just feel absolutely wiped out.

Latest

Trending

Trending