Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I am a second year undergraduate at the University of Hull. I am a local student, so this is the first year that I have lived away from home. I have not managed my finances very effectively and am currently about £3000 in debt. About half of this is interest free because it is on a student overdraft. I receive a £50 standing order from my parents every week. Due to the recession, it is very difficult to find a job, particularly with no experience. My A-level results were AAC. The A-grades were for a double award subject in Information Technology, but I managed to average a first in year one. This year, I have also missed two assignment deadlines, so need to repeat the stage. I am considering leaving my course. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would leave. Finacally is it possble say to move home? I mean your third year is by far your most important and your work load may increase.

I wouldnt give up on University and hopefully someone has more finacial knowlegde. At the end of the day you'll have a good degree as you said you did well. Everyone can miss a deadline so dont worry about it just try and get them in next year. The third year in most uni's is wieghted alot higher.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.