Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

spending the evening with the guy i fancy.....! watch

okay i am very excited but need advice! tonight me and some friends are going out in manchester town, but theyre going to a pub after and me and my mate cant go (i havent got ID hes not 18). so we both decided thst we would just spend the evening together. obvously he assumes just as friends but i am taking this opportunity to get to know him and flirt with him.
    how on earth do i flirt with him?! im kinda an amateur when it comes to guys so any ideas what i could say? how i should act? he doesnt know i fancy him!

thanks, and please keep anon because my friends use this site and they dont know i fancy him!

ReputationRep:
    Awww this is sweet! just go with the flow...sounds to me like hes interested in you too if youve both agreed to spend the evening together, just chat about general things, have a few drinks 9if you can!?) and relax...most importantly: HAVE FUN!

ReputationRep:
    Be yourself. If you get on, flirting will come naturally.

ReputationRep:
    Casually touch him a lot. Tease him lightly, lots ofeye contact. And you will totally nab him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    okay i am very excited but need advice! tonight me and some friends are going out in manchester town, but theyre going to a pub after and me and my mate cant go (i havent got ID hes not 18). so we both decided thst we would just spend the evening together. obvously he assumes just as friends but i am taking this opportunity to get to know him and flirt with him.
    how on earth do i flirt with him?! im kinda an amateur when it comes to guys so any ideas what i could say? how i should act? he doesnt know i fancy him!

thanks, and please keep anon because my friends use this site and they dont know i fancy him!
    aww this is soo sweet... i hav a similar situation coming up!!! lol
    KEEEP IT natural girly... everythin will be fine... good luck
    oh and report back! hehe

ReputationRep:
    "I fancy getting naked, interested in joining me?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    "I fancy getting naked, interested in joining me?"
    This would work for me.

Er, all I can say is be friendly, bring a bottle of wine, smile, get close to him, just let conversation flow, talk about music or work or something

ReputationRep:
    I'd say don't try to flirt at all. Just have a normal conversation, and see how you get on. Talking to someone like a human is more attractive to me than someone trying to work signals of their sexual availability into thte conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillieF)
    Exactly this really.
    I don't even know when i'm flirting, my friends just point it out later on -_-

ReputationRep:
    If he says the slightlest thing funny, or soemthign tha could be taken funny, lightly place your hand on his knee. Believe me. It'll work.

ReputationRep:
    go with the flooowww. If you fancy him, you will probs be flirty naturally anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillieF)
    Rubbish. People aren't born knowing how to flirt. I think lots of casual touching and gradually increasing proximity are the way to go. Don't be afraid of letting there be a good chunk of silence, this can be useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayB124)
    If he says the slightlest thing funny, or soemthign tha could be taken funny, lightly place your hand on his knee. Believe me. It'll work.

LOL....omg cringing thought what if it didnt work! omg HOW EMBARASSING! i would NEVER do that unless u were realy comfortable!

ReputationRep:

Golden Rule:
    Don't be over flirty you will seem a tab bit easy
    but just be yourself and go with the flow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yas 57)
    LOL....omg cringing thought what if it didnt work! omg HOW EMBARASSING! i would NEVER do that unless u were realy comfortable!
    Tell you what though. A girl, although not unattractive I didn't fancy her. WEll up until she did that. I'm weak.

ReputationRep:
    So what happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayB124)
    Tell you what though. A girl, although not unattractive I didn't fancy her. WEll up until she did that. I'm weak.
    LMAO... u weakk weaakkk boy...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I want to know what happened!

ReputationRep:

So what happened??

ReputationRep:
    yeah, tell us!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.