Turn on thread page Beta

How often do you contact your partner? watch

My boyfriend wants to talk to me every day (we have a LDR). I really don't enjoy talking daily. How often do you keep in contact with your other half? Is anyone like me in that they just enjoy having a lot of space?

ReputationRep:
    Everyday We're in an LDR as well, but he's home for summer at the moment. It's not always talking on the phone, because I much prefer text messages and emails.

I enjoy having my own space, but I like talking to my boyfriend as well It's not exactly time consuming to drop him a text to let him know how are or, to ask him about his day, trivial things like that and to let him know you're thinking about him.

ReputationRep:
    Ever day, I look forward to knowing how he is, how his day has been. Talking every day doesn't mean giving up "space"- being in a LDR provides enough of that for me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I live with him now but before that it was every day. We used to contact each other quite a lot more than most couples I know, texts throughout the day and a lengthy (1 hr +) phone call on evenings I didn't see him, sometimes we spoke on the phone after seeing each other. Then about nine months into it we began seeing each other every day and also texting and calling between that.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    We're apart for the summer and we pretty much talk constantly on MSN/Skype unless one of us is unable to. When I go back, we'll be living together.

ReputationRep:
    My and my bf were ldr for 5 years and spoke every 2-3 days. There's nothing wrong with only wanting to talk when you have something to say, rather than listing the mundanities of what you had for dinner etc. It's less tieing to only talk when you really want to, rather than feeling the pressure of doing it every day. As we got closer to moving in together I used to get a text at lunchtime or something, but only if we had something nice/important to say. I think that's more special than feeling obliged, but of course it's up to you and your bf.

Just thought I'd provide the alternative viewpoint!

ReputationRep:
    Every day. We're in an LDR but she phones me for short chats in the afternoon, and then usually an hour before bed. Can it get too much? Hell yes! Esp when she phones more than twice in the afternoon :bird:. But mainly it's fine, she gives good banter. Iz nize :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyjane_09)
    Ever day, I look forward to knowing how he is, how his day has been. Talking every day doesn't mean giving up "space"- being in a LDR provides enough of that for me anyway.
    Bang on, talking everyday isn't giving up space what's 30 minutes in your day?? i know my girlfriend is worth 30 minutes of my day :yes:

ReputationRep:
    i give my boyfriend a text everyday, but he doesnt reply cause has no money on his phone, which i understand, hes in cameroon atm with a bad back and unable to fly home, so its hard for us both, him especially, we were used to spending 24/7 with each other at uni and then he goes home and then to africa and we hardly talk, its hard i hate it and its made me really ill because of it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.