Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worse effects on weight/fat loss, muscle gaining Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I was saying to my mate then and I'm pretty sure I'm right. That essentially binge drinking once or twice a week has a worse effect than smoking cannabis the equivalent amount.

He was saying that with the smoking your reducing your lung capacity etc. and so it will have adverse effects on your sporting performance. Whereas intense cardio after a binge session of drinking you'll sweat alot of it away and with a rest day off the weights you can get back to regime.

I thought that smoking occasionally would have been better than binge drinking just because of what I've read about the effects of alcohol in that.

I personally do neither, I used to binge drink alot during first two years of uni but this summer I've just been cutting out alcohol completely. When I lost alot of weight over a three month period last year I attributed that down to my cut out in alcohol and therefore think that is one of the worse drugs to be doing while doing a serious regime.

But then, thats my impression, and I'm happy to be told otherwise because alot more of you guys know the science behind things. So how bad do people rate alcohol/cannabis and things infuence of performance in bodybuilding, weightloss, and sport performance?

ReputationRep:
    I smoke alcohol and binge smoke. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I smoke alcohol and binge smoke. :/
    Smoke weed? What effects do you find? Not sure if you can admit to smoking weed with TSR police or whatever. lol.

I binged drink alot and I'm missing some nights out at the moment but just while I'm under strict regime for a bit I'm trying to cut out all booze for a while. I'll be suprised if it lasts more than a few weeks with peer pressure from the rugby lads! But I'd prefer to probably now have just a few pints in a pub then all the shots and 4am binges in the nightclubs after 2 years of doing that quite regularly in the week. Same old now. Must be getting old :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattw89)
    Smoke weed? What effects do you find? Not sure if you can admit to smoking weed with TSR police or whatever. lol.

I binged drink alot and I'm missing some nights out at the moment but just while I'm under strict regime for a bit I'm trying to cut out all booze for a while. I'll be suprised if it lasts more than a few weeks with peer pressure from the rugby lads! But I'd prefer to probably now have just a few pints in a pub then all the shots and 4am binges in the nightclubs after 2 years of doing that quite regularly in the week. Same old now. Must be getting old :rolleyes:

I used to smoke a lot, but stopped for the most part a few years ago; with a few odd occasions. I haven't since I started training so I couldn't tell you directly.

I stopped drinking 8 years ago.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.