Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you ever go to a club on your own? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i know its not the best way to approach clubbing but sadly....confidence/ shyness issues

ReputationRep:
    not unless i was trying to find someone already in, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i like tea)
    failed attempt at attracting them; then i'd get some *****y remarks about my appearance.

wont take the piss/ make rude remarks/ etc
    Take the hint?

Maby you wont fail.

Go logic

ReputationRep:
    Personally, if i see somebody on thier own in a club i think they are a bit creepy

ReputationRep:
    I COULD go on my own, but I wouldn't lol. On thursday just there, even though I went in with like 7/8 friends I spent a good part of the night talking to randoms :P

ReputationRep:
    I half have done before - there were two of us in some club on the Haymarket when he announced he was tired and left almost half an hour after we got in. I stayed and recognised some of my other friends there, and stuck with them.

Second time, I went with some friends to a club, but ended up losing them practically and being and leaving there myself.

Third time, I went alone to someone's birthday party. Risky business now, looking back at it.

ReputationRep:
    I just got back from being at a club alone :sad: ... having said that; I do work there, which is a great way to meet people.
    I typically think people who come in alone to be a bit odd, tbh, but it doesn't really matter.

ReputationRep:
    Careful, was out on Thursday night and there was a random guy trying to dance with everyone. Didn't look to be enjoying himself.

ReputationRep:
    If you have girls with you, other girls see you as much more available, and thus, more attractive. But I don't go to clubs to pool, it kinda sickens me how shallow it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    If you have girls with you, other girls see you as much more available, and thus, more attractive. But I don't go to clubs to pool, it kinda sickens me how shallow it is.
    This is so true it's unbelievable. I remember one night I came out with ten of my girl-friends. And it was so weird. Cause I'd just come to enjoy the music but yet, girls were actually approaching me.

So yeah, if you are one of those weirdoes who goes out to pull rather than to enjoy yourself, grab a bunch of girl mates (however chances are if you are one of the weirdos you won't have any girl mates anyway )

No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    You're doing it wrong. When you get to the club, BE SOCIABLE. Make a point of going round the room talking to all the groups quickly. And then settle down for a while afterwards. Doesn't have that much to do with looks.
    No one actually does this in any club I've been to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    No one actually does this in any club I've been to.
    Not like talking to everyone everyone. But at least mixing and talking to a fair amount of randomers. That you should see a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Never been on my own but go with just my best mate quite a lot, a good wingman is essential!

Some of the best times have been just the two of us, pretending we're Australian n coming up with all sorts haha

ReputationRep:
    Never, what if you drank too much, whod handle you? Or what if some creep started eyeing you up and following you, what would you do then? Personally i think its weird, and a tad dangerous.. my own views so yah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Not like talking to everyone everyone. But at least mixing and talking to a fair amount of randomers. That you should see a lot.
    Not really... I've done that in the past when very drunk, but unfortunately I couldn't remember it so had people I didn't recognise coming up to me for weeks afterwards saying "hey, remember me?! We got talking that night, etc."

From what I've seen people tend to stick to their own groups unless they already know people (i.e uni) and then they might be introduced to those people's friends.

Meeting new people is seen as a crime, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    Not really... I've done that in the past when very drunk, but unfortunately I couldn't remember it so had people I didn't recognise coming up to me for weeks afterwards saying "hey, remember me?! We got talking that night, etc."

From what I've seen people tend to stick to their own groups unless they already know people (i.e uni) and then they might be introduced to those people's friends.

Meeting new people is seen as a crime, apparently.
    Only in this country. It's sad, in other countries people are a lot more warm.

ReputationRep:
    Seen as though I don't like clubs at the best of times then no, I doubt it. However, if I didn't have that attitude then I probably would. I mean I'll happily go for the odd pint on my own if nobody else is about or up for it and I occasionally go on my own to the pub to watch any football. I don't see why everybody freaks out about people doing activities on their own like it's some kind of big deal. If anyone has a problem with you or thinks you're weird for being independent then that probably says a lot more about them than you.

ReputationRep:
    true i ust get weird looks if i try and talk to strangers; sadly thats how you make friends....tricky...

ReputationRep:
    Never. Ever. Ever. Unless someone paid me. A LOT. Or if I was meeting someone in there.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.