Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i think my first day i can move in is a saturday...im not sure when freshers week starts though..im just wondering when do people usually move in...will everyone move in saturday or what??

i dont wanna get there like first but really dont wanna be last either!

ReputationRep:
    There should be a set day when everyone can come, seeing as there's a set contract, but i'm not too sure

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i moved in on the 1st day usually fresher starts on the day ur accomomdation contract starts.

ReputationRep:
    Freshers for us started the monday after move in days.
    So Saturday and sunday were move in days, freshers events started on the monday.

People were given allocated move in days at my uni.

ReputationRep:
    We could move in Fri or Sat (two main days), but the majority arrived on the Sat. I was there on the Fri, and only one out of five flat mates came! I still met some of my closest friends that first night. Plus it was more quiet and peaceful to unpack and buy food in, bags the best cupboard in the kitchen, and watch all the rest panic on the Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    i move in on a sunday the 6th then freshers on the 14th so its kinda like to freshers weeks, but yeah i'll be moving in on the first day were given a time to come so im pretty sure i won't be first and if i am that it won't be long before someone else gets there

ReputationRep:
    We have to move in on the Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    For us, we can move in either the Saturday or Sunday, and Fresher's Week starts on the Monday. I'll be moving in Saturday. I'm not worried about being the first, in fact I'd prefer it. I don't want to turn up on the second day once people are already hanging out, and have to spend the day with my parents while they have fun.

ReputationRep:
    Are you all going to go early or late or midday & which would be best? We have to move in on a Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt go to early i went as soon as I could around 9am eek and was the 1st one in my flat for a long while id say ideal time somewhere between 10-11am
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I moved in both times on the day I was told to, but for my undergraduate halls they staggered the moving, so one person arrived one day, one the next, two the next etc in each house.
    For my postgrad only three out of seven in my flat moved in on that day, the other arrived a few days later.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I have understood the papers, I have to arrive at Saturday.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.