Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aching muscles, without doing any exercise. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Recently, read an article on Depression, and the physical symptom's were aching muscles.

I know for a fact that I haven't exercised in week's.

I have mild Depression.

Dunno if this relates.

What do I do?

ReputationRep:
    If you havnt exercised in weeks that would be the problem. They need some activity otherwise say goodbye to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleKnife)
    Recently, read an article on Depression, and the physical symptom's were aching muscles.

I know for a fact that I haven't exercised in week's.

I have mild Depression.

Dunno if this relates.

What do I do?
    that's b0llocks your muscles don't ache just because you're depressed

i suggest you do nothing because of how incompetent GPs are and your ache could be a symptom of many things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    If you havnt exercised in weeks that would be the problem. They need some activity otherwise say goodbye to them.
    Or, it could be Depression?

I dunno, really.

ReputationRep:
    Use them then. And depression causing muscles to ache = ********.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Real-One)
    that's b0llocks your muscles don't ache just because you're depressed

i suggest you do nothing because of how incompetent GPs are and your ache could be a symptom of many things.
    Actually, I read that article in TSR's Wiki.

The ache, was literally, like a knife.

ReputationRep:
    You probably just slept uncomfortably, methinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleKnife)
    Actually, I read that article in TSR's Wiki.

The ache, was literally, like a knife.
    well if it was that bad, pop down to A&E when they're not too busy if you have around 3hrs to spare.

ReputationRep:
    If it's more than one muscle group (ie, both legs, and arm and a leg, knee and back etc. etc.) it's probably because you haven't done much exercise for a while. Tomorrow, walk to the corner shop and back, then the next day walk further, then the next day go for a swim etc. etc. That's the advice for treating pain related to depression and other non-physiological causes. If exercise just starts to make things worse, maybe then go to the GP.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.