Turn on thread page Beta

Are you happy with your body shape/ size? watch

ReputationRep:
    Well title says most, but what are you doing to improve your body or is it pointless because I know some girls body shape is not the perfect hourglass they want, some look more like apples, myself well I had a better figure before I went to Uni but through not eating properly or exercising I became quite slim about 11/12 stone now. I grew my hair long & wear funny clothes to deal with it...

Actually I'm going to the gym more frequently soon.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a large girl (5ft 1 and size 11/12, which apparently makes me 'obese' according to BMI, though I wouldn't go quite that far myself). I'm happy with my weight and my body, but currently unhappy with the fact that I can never find clothes I feel 100% comfortable in. :p:
    I have no fashion sense either.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm happy

ReputationRep:
    I exercise and eat well, so I'm happy If I didn't, however, I don't think I would be so comfortable...

ReputationRep:
    pretty much, i'm a bit 'skinnyfat'(blargh) though atm from losing a lot of weight and then gaining a bit, so working on that

ReputationRep:
    I have feminine hips.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Nope, never. But you've just got to somehow find a way to cope with what you've got. I'd like to be about a stone lighter, but when I was I wanted to be a stone lighter than that; imperfection is the new perfection.

ReputationRep:
    Yep i'm happy ^^

ReputationRep:
    Im nearly happy, happy with my shape, size maybe go down one more size.. and id be happy, and i just want a flat stomach really and thats the perfect body for me id think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I'm a large girl (5ft 1 and size 11/12, which apparently makes me 'obese' according to BMI, though I wouldn't go quite that far myself). I'm happy with my weight and my body, but currently unhappy with the fact that I can never find clothes I feel 100% comfortable in. :p:
    I have no fashion sense either.
    I wouldnt say that a girl who is 5ft 1 and a size 12 is large. I am 5ft and also a size 12, not large at all. I , like you, dont feel obese.....sod what the BMI says!!!!. I am perfectly healthy considering my age, lol. :woo:

But yes I am happy with my size and body shape thankyou very much .

ReputationRep:
    I'm not happy.
    I'm about 15kg heavier than I'd like to be.

& I go to the gym regularly and I've been to the doctor about losing weight, and all she did was weigh me over six weeks, keep a food diary, which she said "oh yes, it must be frustrating that you're not losing weight, you're not doing anything wrong!"
    Which wound me up :|

My weight has gone up and down considerably for the last five years or so, as a result of eating problems, so whilst now I'm not necessarily unhealthy (I'm overweight, but not 'obviously' overweight), I know what size I've felt most comfortable at, so it's frustrating that I know that and I'm not there, y'know?

I want to have smaller boobs and a smaller tummy, but mainly thinner legs - but I've always had tree-trunk thighs, so yeh, I don't know how much that's going to change :P

ReputationRep:
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I wouldnt say that a girl who is 5ft 1 and a size 12 is large. I am 5ft and also a size 12, not large at all. I , like you, dont feel obese.....sod what the BMI says!!!!. I am perfectly healthy considering my age, lol. :woo:

But yes I am happy with my size and body shape thankyou very much .
    :yes:
    I feel that my weight is perfect for me. When I did a BMI check last month and it told me I was obese I'll admit I was a bit shocked. Overweight? Yes. Obese? I disagree!
    If anything, I'd call myself 'round'. This time last year, I was a size 7/8, and felt that I was far too thin, though apparently that's the healthy size for someone our height... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5 foot- 5'2 and weigh about 7 stone 9 at the moment. I'm not actually happy with it as being a fat fat fatty as a child I think i'm now compsensating for it by wanting to get down to 6 stone 10 - 7 stone.

ReputationRep:
    No..i want to be skinny.I wanna wake up in the morning and never have a fat day...Im about a 12 jean and an 8-10 top...I know im not a 'big' girl but i do think that skinny looks better (within reason)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    :yes:
    I feel that my weight is perfect for me. When I did a BMI check last month and it told me I was obese I'll admit I was a bit shocked. Overweight? Yes. Obese? I disagree!
    If anything, I'd call myself 'round'. This time last year, I was a size 7/8, and felt that I was far too thin, though apparently that's the healthy size for someone our height... :rolleyes:
    The smallest I have ever been is a small size 10, but I couldnt maintain it at all. I hardly ate, felt like crap and looked awful too. Yes I may have had a nice figure, but I didnt like it!. Now at my size I may be "obese" according to the BMI score, but I feel great, can eat more and also look far healthier than I used to. I also have my curves , my waist is rather small and I have big hips. Personally I love my size!. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    I have feminine hips.
    aw :hugs:
    I'm happy with my shape, just wish I was a bit smaller.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm about a size 8 or 10 and finally now being to like and love my shape as I have a learnt how to dress up elegantly to suit my body shape which is slim at the top but curvy from the hips.

ReputationRep:
    im just over 10 stone and just over 6 foot, i think. i'm pretty happy, can't say i ever really think about what i look like!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    The smallest I have ever been is a small size 10, but I couldnt maintain it at all. I hardly ate, felt like crap and looked awful too. Yes I may have had a nice figure, but I didnt like it!. Now at my size I may be "obese" according to the BMI score, but I feel great, can eat more and also look far healthier than I used to. I also have my curves , my waist is rather small and I have big hips. Personally I love my size!. :yes:
    Exactly. I like my body, and I LOVE my food. I don't understand dieting; I'd never sacrifice the food I love so much or be watching everything I ate for the sake of looking 'thin' to a point that I feel looks terrible.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.