Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you happy with your body shape/ size? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well title says most, but what are you doing to improve your body or is it pointless because I know some girls body shape is not the perfect hourglass they want, some look more like apples, myself well I had a better figure before I went to Uni but through not eating properly or exercising I became quite slim about 11/12 stone now. I grew my hair long & wear funny clothes to deal with it...

Actually I'm going to the gym more frequently soon.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a large girl (5ft 1 and size 11/12, which apparently makes me 'obese' according to BMI, though I wouldn't go quite that far myself). I'm happy with my weight and my body, but currently unhappy with the fact that I can never find clothes I feel 100% comfortable in. :p:
    I have no fashion sense either.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm happy

ReputationRep:
    I exercise and eat well, so I'm happy If I didn't, however, I don't think I would be so comfortable...

ReputationRep:
    pretty much, i'm a bit 'skinnyfat'(blargh) though atm from losing a lot of weight and then gaining a bit, so working on that

ReputationRep:
    I have feminine hips.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Nope, never. But you've just got to somehow find a way to cope with what you've got. I'd like to be about a stone lighter, but when I was I wanted to be a stone lighter than that; imperfection is the new perfection.

ReputationRep:
    Yep i'm happy ^^

ReputationRep:
    Im nearly happy, happy with my shape, size maybe go down one more size.. and id be happy, and i just want a flat stomach really and thats the perfect body for me id think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I'm a large girl (5ft 1 and size 11/12, which apparently makes me 'obese' according to BMI, though I wouldn't go quite that far myself). I'm happy with my weight and my body, but currently unhappy with the fact that I can never find clothes I feel 100% comfortable in. :p:
    I have no fashion sense either.
    I wouldnt say that a girl who is 5ft 1 and a size 12 is large. I am 5ft and also a size 12, not large at all. I , like you, dont feel obese.....sod what the BMI says!!!!. I am perfectly healthy considering my age, lol. :woo:

But yes I am happy with my size and body shape thankyou very much .

ReputationRep:
    I'm not happy.
    I'm about 15kg heavier than I'd like to be.

& I go to the gym regularly and I've been to the doctor about losing weight, and all she did was weigh me over six weeks, keep a food diary, which she said "oh yes, it must be frustrating that you're not losing weight, you're not doing anything wrong!"
    Which wound me up :|

My weight has gone up and down considerably for the last five years or so, as a result of eating problems, so whilst now I'm not necessarily unhealthy (I'm overweight, but not 'obviously' overweight), I know what size I've felt most comfortable at, so it's frustrating that I know that and I'm not there, y'know?

I want to have smaller boobs and a smaller tummy, but mainly thinner legs - but I've always had tree-trunk thighs, so yeh, I don't know how much that's going to change :P

ReputationRep:
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I wouldnt say that a girl who is 5ft 1 and a size 12 is large. I am 5ft and also a size 12, not large at all. I , like you, dont feel obese.....sod what the BMI says!!!!. I am perfectly healthy considering my age, lol. :woo:

But yes I am happy with my size and body shape thankyou very much .
    :yes:
    I feel that my weight is perfect for me. When I did a BMI check last month and it told me I was obese I'll admit I was a bit shocked. Overweight? Yes. Obese? I disagree!
    If anything, I'd call myself 'round'. This time last year, I was a size 7/8, and felt that I was far too thin, though apparently that's the healthy size for someone our height... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5 foot- 5'2 and weigh about 7 stone 9 at the moment. I'm not actually happy with it as being a fat fat fatty as a child I think i'm now compsensating for it by wanting to get down to 6 stone 10 - 7 stone.

ReputationRep:
    No..i want to be skinny.I wanna wake up in the morning and never have a fat day...Im about a 12 jean and an 8-10 top...I know im not a 'big' girl but i do think that skinny looks better (within reason)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    :yes:
    I feel that my weight is perfect for me. When I did a BMI check last month and it told me I was obese I'll admit I was a bit shocked. Overweight? Yes. Obese? I disagree!
    If anything, I'd call myself 'round'. This time last year, I was a size 7/8, and felt that I was far too thin, though apparently that's the healthy size for someone our height... :rolleyes:
    The smallest I have ever been is a small size 10, but I couldnt maintain it at all. I hardly ate, felt like crap and looked awful too. Yes I may have had a nice figure, but I didnt like it!. Now at my size I may be "obese" according to the BMI score, but I feel great, can eat more and also look far healthier than I used to. I also have my curves , my waist is rather small and I have big hips. Personally I love my size!. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    I have feminine hips.
    aw :hugs:
    I'm happy with my shape, just wish I was a bit smaller.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm about a size 8 or 10 and finally now being to like and love my shape as I have a learnt how to dress up elegantly to suit my body shape which is slim at the top but curvy from the hips.

ReputationRep:
    im just over 10 stone and just over 6 foot, i think. i'm pretty happy, can't say i ever really think about what i look like!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    The smallest I have ever been is a small size 10, but I couldnt maintain it at all. I hardly ate, felt like crap and looked awful too. Yes I may have had a nice figure, but I didnt like it!. Now at my size I may be "obese" according to the BMI score, but I feel great, can eat more and also look far healthier than I used to. I also have my curves , my waist is rather small and I have big hips. Personally I love my size!. :yes:
    Exactly. I like my body, and I LOVE my food. I don't understand dieting; I'd never sacrifice the food I love so much or be watching everything I ate for the sake of looking 'thin' to a point that I feel looks terrible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.