Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you happy with your body shape/ size? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am happy with what I've got but there is room for improvments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Exactly. I like my body, and I LOVE my food. I don't understand dieting; I'd never sacrifice the food I love so much or be watching everything I ate for the sake of looking 'thin' to a point that I feel looks terrible.
    Nor me. I also love my food and if I want to eat it, then I do!. Like I said , I am a bit older then the average user on here and so far middle age spread hasnt afflicted me. If anything I have a better figure now than I did when I was in my 20s.:yes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5ft4 and about a Size 10-12 and most of the time I feel alright about it because I do a lot of excercise and eat healthy and, well, my boyfriend loves my body and he's the only person I really need to impress anyway. It'd be nice to be Size 8-10 like I used to be though.

Although, sometimes I stumble onto all those 'Fat People Are The Devil Incarnate' threads and then I feel rather disgusting and horrible.

ReputationRep:
    I'm alright with my weight and size, but I don't like my shape at all. I feel quite unbalanced.

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy, it's good to be imperfect x

ReputationRep:
    Oui. I am pretty buff tbh. Although I'm apple shaped so whenever I put on weight I look pregnant...so as long as I stay as I am, no food baby for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    aw :hugs:
    I'm happy with my shape, just wish I was a bit smaller.
    I guess my arms are alright though. :o:

ReputationRep:
    No.

It doesn't matter than I'm at the lower end of a healthy weight my shape is ridiculous. I have big boobs (well, not truly that big but bigger than I'd like) and enormous hips.
    I'm not that tall (5'6) but I still feel that all my shorter friends have a huge advantage because even if their BMI is higher, their frame is smaller and generally look more 'petite'.

Ok, /endrant !

ReputationRep:
    I think the vast majority of people would prefer to have a bit less here or a little more there
    I've slowly put a bit of weight on in the past 18 months but it's starting to drop off again so it's all good

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty happy with my body - sure, I'm a bit short but as far as things that I can do something about are concerned I think I'm doing pretty well. I'm keen enough on the exercise that I do that it mostly takes care of itself!

I'm probably a teensy bit tubbier than I'd like to be right now (not actually chubby - I'm still leaner than most but could do with losing a little bodyfat) because I've decided to build up my strength over the summer so I'm still strong when I slim down a bit for cycling, but since I'm putting on muscle too it just means I'll look even better when I shed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    I'm 5 foot- 5'2 and weigh about 7 stone 9 at the moment. I'm not actually happy with it as being a fat fat fatty as a child I think i'm now compsensating for it by wanting to get down to 6 stone 10 - 7 stone.
    How are you going to loose the extra weight? Are you more concerned with weight than dress size?

(Original post by paperbag)
    I'm 5ft4 and about a Size 10-12 and most of the time I feel alright about it because I do a lot of excercise and eat healthy and, well, my boyfriend loves my body and he's the only person I really need to impress anyway. It'd be nice to be Size 8-10 like I used to be though.

Although, sometimes I stumble onto all those 'Fat People Are The Devil Incarnate' threads and then I feel rather disgusting and horrible.
    X Wrong, You only need to impress yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    that's what counts the most cutie :o:
    Nonsense. The ladies all love a big ol' bum built from squatting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Nonsense. The ladies all love a big ol' bum built from squatting.
    there's a difference between having hips and a massive bum though :p:

ReputationRep:
    Now i'm exercising more i'm getting happier with it again and actually feeling healthier.

I've not changed sizes and i'm still a size 8 but clothes fit me a bit better :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Ferdi)
    How are you going to loose the extra weight? Are you more concerned with weight than dress size?
    By being healthy. I can lose the half a stone in say 3 weeks. I've been 7 stone before but was told I looked like a stick. My BMI's 21 which is perfect right now and I'm a size 8/6 so it's not about being concerned. Just more to do with me and my endless quest to find my perfect size.

ReputationRep:
    I am far happier than I was at 19 stone, but still generally unhappy with my body, I'm determined to reduce my body fat percentage to around 12% over the summer but its alot harder than it used to be :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I'm a large girl (5ft 1 and size 11/12, which apparently makes me 'obese' according to BMI, though I wouldn't go quite that far myself). I'm happy with my weight and my body, but currently unhappy with the fact that I can never find clothes I feel 100% comfortable in. :p:
    I have no fashion sense either.

i think we are more like twins than just our xbox selves... i'm also 5 foot and about a size 12. are you my evil twin sister? lol :p:

and i hate that. i know i need to tone up, but i wouldn't say i'm obese. stupid bmi.
    and i really struggle to find clothes that fit and i feel happy with. i normally just get baggy tops to hide my figure.

ReputationRep:
    way too skinny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *TheSweetestDrug*)
    No..i want to be skinny.I wanna wake up in the morning and never have a fat day...Im about a 12 jean and an 8-10 top...I know im not a 'big' girl but i do think that skinny looks better (within reason)...
    It's so cliche, but completely honestly, healthy is far better than skinny. People who are naturally 'larger' and lose too much weight tend to look worse than being healthy in the first place - a prime example of this is Lindsay Lohan, who wasn't 'big' in the first place, but looks a lot worse and unhealthier when she's smaller.

And as for having 'fat days' - that's psychology, not biology. That's being comfortable wiht yourself and not necessarily being any larger or smaller.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    i think we are more like twins than just our xbox selves... i'm also 5 foot and about a size 12. are you my evil twin sister? lol :p:

and i hate that. i know i need to tone up, but i wouldn't say i'm obese. stupid bmi.
    and i really struggle to find clothes that fit and i feel happy with. i normally just get baggy tops to hide my figure.
    Me? Evil? :eek: I hope not! :angel:

My issue is that I like tighter t-shirts. I'm unfashionable and I LIKE it - I'm not a fan of girly, frilly clothes, which the baggier female tops seem to be. Normal t-shirts and tank tops for me. :yes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.