Turn on thread page Beta

Are you happy with your body shape/ size? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doodahdoo)
    It's so cliche, but completely honestly, healthy is far better than skinny. People who are naturally 'larger' and lose too much weight tend to look worse than being healthy in the first place - a prime example of this is Lindsay Lohan, who wasn't 'big' in the first place, but looks a lot worse and unhealthier when she's smaller.

And as for having 'fat days' - that's psychology, not biology. That's being comfortable wiht yourself and not necessarily being any larger or smaller.
    you actually made me feel slightly better..

ReputationRep:
    narp, need to lose a fair amount of fat, not really fat or anything but still ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    I have feminine hips.
    haha, i know your pain.

ReputationRep:
    I want to be THINNER!

Taking up running. I commute by foot everywhere instead of taking the bus as well.

ReputationRep:
    I like my body, although...not to rub it in anyone's face who finds it really hard to loose weight...I find it really hard to put on weight! I'm scraping by at 7 stone and I'm about 5,2" underweight in medical terms. I however have NOT got an eating disorder or anything of the sort, I eat a high calorie and reasonably high fat content diet and yet I can't put on any weight...it does make me kind of sad, because I think I look scrawny most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    Im 5 ft 8 and weigh about 10-11 stone, so i look pretty skinny, but i'm happy with how my body looks, only train for strength now. Wouldn't mind being a bit taller atm tho. the girl i have a crush on is almost taller than me :s

ReputationRep:
    I like my shape (im an hourglass) but i'd like to be slimmer (drop from a 12 to an 8-10) plus i dislike how huge my leg muscles are, would love slender legs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm far too skinny, 6'1 weighing in at 9 stone.

My legs look thin, but they are genuinely pretty much all muscle, no fat, because of the amount of sport I do. Like I have skinny thighs, but If I tense up I'm much more defined a prominent then all the other lads. So lower body is all good.

Upper body, I'm just skinny, skinny not to the point my ribs show too much, but still too skinny, no belly so you can already see my stomach muscle easily, although it needs defining.

So yeah, need to work on the chest/shoulders/back/abs, hence why the pull up bar is coming within a week or two.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not happy with my figure. I've got an hourglass figure, 5 ft9 and I currently weigh 11-12stones. I used to weigh 9-10 stones

ReputationRep:
    I want to lose weight.. I'm about 12 at the moment and I want to go towards 8/10 by September ish so should be all good.. if I can reach that stage.. :/

ReputationRep:
    Nope, nearly!
    I think I'm 'skinny fat'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)

My legs look thin, but they are genuinely pretty much all muscle, no fat, because of the amount of sport I do. Like I have skinny thighs, but If I tense up I'm much more defined a prominent then all the other lads. So lower body is all good.

Upper body, I'm just skinny, skinny not to the point my ribs show too much, but still too skinny, no belly so you can already see my stomach muscle easily, although it needs defining.

So yeah, need to work on the chest/shoulders/back/abs, hence why the pull up bar is coming within a week or two.
    9 stone at 6'1'' is insane! My brother is 5'8'' and 9 stone, also pretty lean, and he looks pretty skinny for it.

I presume any sports you do are endurance focused, but even if they are extremely endurance focused I imagine you're quite heavily limiting yourself by not being heavier because the amount of muscle you can possibly have on a 6'1'' frame at that height is very small. You'd probably gain a lot by putting on some muscle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)

Pull up bar is quality, but doesn't sound like your lower body is all good to me, sounds like you just have low bodyfat so it looks defined. Don't just work upper body dude, work lower body as well.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i am.
    I thought i wasn't for a while, after i got told to lose weight by the mean nurse lol.. but i went swimming yesterday and realised i don't look THAT bad in a bikini :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    Yeah I'm happy
    you should be :yep:

I could be a bit bulkier on my arms, but generally I'm happy with my body.

ReputationRep:
    No
    Although I've lost nearly a stone, and feel hell of a lot better than I did before!
    I still want to lose another half a stone though, but I find it really hard to tone up, because I have a spinal condition which means I'm in excruciating pain if I do certain exercises.
    And I'm quite pear shaped, meaning that I have a tiny waist but curvy hips, and not much in the breast department (34 B, compared to size 12 hips).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    you should be :yep:
    Aww, you're too kind
    If only every guy was as complimentary as you!

ReputationRep:
    i'm 5'5 and 9 stone/ size 10... never calculated my BMI but i'm happy with my weight... i'm sure i could loose a stone but i love eating and would rather be slighty chubby and eat what i want than skinny and pissed off all the time (i'm cranky when im hungry)

ReputationRep:
    Nope!

ReputationRep:
    Im currently 6ft and 13st 8lbs. Although i recently lost 6 stone in the past 6 months so I would say I am pretty happy with my size.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.