Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you happy with your body shape/ size? Watch

ReputationRep:
    it's okay, but i'm working on it.
    i never had much junk in the trunkkk 'til recently, and i like it, so i'm trying to shrink the rest of me and keep that. gym+building a muscley arse

ReputationRep:
    No I hate being as thin as a girl. It's ****.

Oooh 1,111th post hello.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    I have feminine hips.
    Beyoncé hips? :coma:

ReputationRep:
    No. I have narrow hips and a flat bum, which looks stupid because I have big tits.

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    Nope I hate every single thing about my body it makes me feel sick looking at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    9 stone at 6'1'' is insane! My brother is 5'8'' and 9 stone, also pretty lean, and he looks pretty skinny for it.

I presume any sports you do are endurance focused, but even if they are extremely endurance focused I imagine you're quite heavily limiting yourself by not being heavier because the amount of muscle you can possibly have on a 6'1'' frame at that height is very small. You'd probably gain a lot by putting on some muscle.
    Football + Long Distance Running, no muscle up top, but I went to the gym leading up to a cup final a few months back, put nearly a stone on in 3 weeks, not too hard for me, plus it all looks really defined when it shows up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saab_101)
    Pull up bar is quality, but doesn't sound like your lower body is all good to me, sounds like you just have low bodyfat so it looks defined. Don't just work upper body dude, work lower body as well.
    Yeah I will keep working, generally I can gauge my lower body strength from when I'm playing football, I could always do with a bit more power in my legs, but I'd say they are above average compared to the other lads I play with in general strength.

Ordering mine tomorrow fingers crossed, just want to get that upper body caught up!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a big girl, and I'm actually fairly happy. I'm a size 18, got big hips, a tiny waist, and medium sized boobs. I'm happy with what I've got, although I'm on a fairly easy diet and already gone down a dress size, simply because it's probably not healthy to be this big, although I've got a massive frame. I've been told by several doctors that I should be a rugby player, and I've got hands and feet the same size as most of my bloke friends :p:

Thing is, I used to loathe my body. Then realised that it's a waste of time to. Look after yourself properly, and be happy in the skin you're in, cos it's the only one you've got!

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I'm a large girl (5ft 1 and size 11/12, which apparently makes me 'obese' according to BMI, though I wouldn't go quite that far myself). I'm happy with my weight and my body, but currently unhappy with the fact that I can never find clothes I feel 100% comfortable in. :p:
    I have no fashion sense either.
    Nah, you don't sound obese to me. But since when was there a size 11?

ReputationRep:
    like my shape apart from i have narrow shoulders and narrow hips which make my upper arms stick out lots and my thighs stick out alot. I'm not happy with my fat content at the moment so hav started going to the gym/swimming/going to aerobics to lose weight and hopefully tone too, i also try to eat better but because i work in a bar i don't always hav chance to eat properly or at good times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    Beyoncé hips? :coma:
    Yeah, if I'm fully clothed with a wig on, from behind you'd swear I was the real thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    Yeah I will keep working, generally I can gauge my lower body strength from when I'm playing football, I could always do with a bit more power in my legs, but I'd say they are above average compared to the other lads I play with in general strength.

Ordering mine tomorrow fingers crossed, just want to get that upper body caught up!!
    klkl, i guess as long as your not bodybuilding or anything it's all good. I'm pretty weedy myself =] and i love my chin up bar, in my opinion everyone should be able to handle their own body weight to a certain extent. Working on getting one handed pull ups, although i'm a long way off them atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    Yeah, if I'm fully clothed with a wig on, from behind you'd swear I was the real thing!
    In the words spoken by our legend Akon:
    Smack that, all on the floor
    Smack that, give me some more
    Smack that, 'til you get sore
    Smack that, oh ooh

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    No. I hate hate my stomach.

ReputationRep:
    I love my shape. I'm a curvy, slim pear and I adore it. I'm aiming 'fitness wise' to emulate the figure of Megan Fox who's also pear shaped with naturally small breasts (minus the boob job of course).

Another 7lbs to lose and I reckon I'll be pretty much sorted. Would like to then focus more weights and 'sculpt' rather than 'slim'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marinated_in_Joy)
    Nah, you don't sound obese to me. But since when was there a size 11?
    Since Asda George said so!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm fine with it. Not necessarily because it's perfect, but because I can't be bothered to care anymore. I've just gone past the caring point now, I've been so weight conscious in the past and it's too emotionally draining.

I have an hourglass figure, but only average size boobs (D cup), and I had small boobs for so long til recently I don't want to get rid of them by losing weight!

I eat well and exercise regularly. Maybe if I lost like a stone I'd have a super flat stomach and tiny twig legs, a la Cheryl Cole, but I don't think it would suit me. I'm happy being normal. I'm slim and sometimes strive to be thin, but I like carbs too much, so I give up :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty pleased.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.