Turn on thread page Beta

Are you happy with your body shape/ size? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Hehe, yep. I was down to a size 7 for a while a summer or two ago (I forget which), but just felt very badly shaped and uncomfortable. :p: My stomach looked good, but the rest of me looked uneven.
    I know what you mean... hard to get the perfect body... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Sort of.

I'm 5'2.5 [the half is important damn it!], and weigh 9st12lb. I'm aiming to lose another 7-14lbs. I'm currently a 10-12, and would like to get down to a proper 10. I've got an hourglass figure, so in that respect, I'm happy, but I wouldn't mind it being a bit smaller. I've come to accept that my legs never going to be slimmer [I blame 14 years of dance], and that my boobs are unlikely to get much bigger [34C]

I eat healthily [calorie-controlled, low fat diet, with plenty of fruit and veg], but exercise is where I fall down. I'm trying to go swimming every day I'm free, and do at least 30 minutes on the excercise bike while watching TV in the evenings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annie147218)
    I'm pretty happy. I'm only 5ft2 but being 7 stone makes up for the lack of height so I don't look stumpy or anything. My metabolism is through the roof due to running so if I get lazy for a week or two or four it doesn't affect my weight in the slightest (just my fitness level...oops!) which is pretty mint at christmas, easter time and holidays! I'd quite like to get my body fat down to 14% from 16% but that's only just to run faster )
    :lolwut:

Isn't all that a bit low? You seem pretty underweight to me.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Ferdi)
    You look scary :s:

lol erm... thanks?
    scary how? i want to kill u scary or wear a bag on ur face scary?

(Original post by Hathlan)
    I hate my body. It just seems so wide, so podgy. It makes me want to cry. (Or just actually cry).
    There's nothing wrong with it at all. You're perfectly proportioned.

ReputationRep:
    i'm in two minds about mine: usually, and primarily, i hate it with a passion. then again, i accept that it could be a lot worse!

my shape sounds good in theory- i've got decent boobs (32D/DD) and my waist at 27 inches isn't too big, but my hips and chest are both around 10 inches larger. this would be okay, but i have really short legs (28 inch inside leg!) and at 5 foot 4 ish i look really out of proportion. i'm short waisted too, so i pretty much look like hips/boobs on top of stumpy legs. i also have massive thunder thighs!

my size is acceptable i suppose. i'm 120lbs which is apparently perfect for my height, but i sometimes struggle to get in size 10 bottoms because of my hips/thighs.

i'd like to lose 10lbs but i realise it's probably more about confidence. i've been 7 stone before and it didn't make me happy, so i'd rather focus on just being healthy. i'd love to be one of those girls who's just happy with what they've got, and i think that's far more attractive than being fixated on shape/size or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Could be better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rukouine88)
    lol erm... thanks?
    scary how? i want to kill u scary or wear a bag on ur face scary?
    I want to kill you scary defo :pinch:

ReputationRep:
    Atm, I'm at my lowest weight since 2 years ago and yet I still feel rather large. I'm nearly 5'7 , everything is in proportion apart from my legs which are a 28 inside leg! My thighs feel a bit chunkier than usual. Exercise ahoy!

ReputationRep:
    Well Im satisfied with it cause I could have had a worse one but there are 3 things I wish had of been better, my breasts are too small, I have cellulite on my thighs even though they are toned and I run 4 times a week. Lastly my height Im only 4ft11 I soo wish I was taller Id have had a lot more ability in sport imo. But I guess the cellulite is the only thing I might be able to change, not sure how though cause Im slim on top. In fact I have a pic taken on holiday here's proof that cellulite doesn't just affect overweight girls!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.Charlotte)
    Atm, I'm at my lowest weight since 2 years ago and yet I still feel rather large. I'm nearly 5'7 , everything is in proportion apart from my legs which are a 28 inside leg! My thighs feel a bit chunkier than usual. Exercise ahoy!
    Your legs are the same length as mine and you're shorter lol :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    I kind of am. I'm 6 foot 2 and weigh 12 and a half stone. Dropped a stone in the past two months, trying to build some muscle at the moment though. I keep getting dilemas and thinking of dropping my diet and excercise and just eating C**p again, it tastes so nice. Hanging in there at the moment though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a wee bit unhappy with my weight at the moment

I don't want a "flat" tummy but just a bit of a smaller one... like a little bit rounded but maybe a 27ins waist instaed of 31ins or whatever it is right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Ferdi)
    I want to kill you scary defo :pinch:
    eh i can deal with that MWA HA HA HA run for ur life.....:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm size: well I'm 5 foot 7 and weigh 9 stone 4- which gives me a BMI of 20.4. I'm a size 10 usually, but can be an 8. To be honest I would love to always be an 8. When I was 17 (so about 4 years ago) I was 8 stone 7 and I would love to be that size again (stupidly at that size I was convinced I was "really fat"), although my goal weight at the moment is 8 stone 10. I'm training for a half marathon in September and am loving the gym so exercise isn't a problem, its the diet aspect I'm struggling with.
    Shape: Well I have rather slim arms and I like my calves and I have a decent sized chest- so I like all that. But I would love a smaller waist to give me more of an hourglass shape, thinner things and to loose that little bit of fat on my stomach.
    So am I happy? Not really, but I'm not too far from what I'd like to be!

ReputationRep:
    would prefer skinnier legs, but meh!

this is what I'd look like in an ideal world;

Hang on, before you all start to shoot me down, just imagine the pics minus the face, minus the tattoos, minus the plastic boobs, minus the stupid shoes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-building.html

you know you like it too.....:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Would like to lose about 9lbs (to bring me down to 10 stone - I'm 5'7" ) and I'd like to get some Michelle Obama arms. Apart from that, I'm pretty happy. I'm almost down to the size I want to be in clothes - I'm a 12-14 at the moment and if I can get down to a 12 properly I'll be very pleased. I think I'd look sick if I was a size 8...

Oh, and whatever body shape carries me 26.2 miles in October is just fine and dandy.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, not exactly thrilled with body shape or size, but I can't say it really bothers me that much. Not enough to actually do something about it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not overly happy. I'm 6'1 and went from being 13 stone and being reasonably slim, though not skinny or lanky, to 15 stone and struggling to get into some of my old clothes within my first year at uni.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.