Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so basically, I'm meeting this friend of mine that lives in Manchester. Hes a friend of a friend I've known for a few years now but because I'm in London I haven't had the chance to meet up with him. Though on the 5th hes coming down to see me and I'd like to make a nice effort to look good ! Its just a friendly thing but still.

Problem is, I have no idea what to wear!

I was thinking a cute summer dress just because its easiest, though I have no idea where to get one. I've been looking on topshop etc but haven't found a nice one yet.

Any ideas on what I should wear?
    I'm really short which is another thing thats knocked down my confidence, around 5ft-5ft3 I think (havent measured in a while :P) I don't really wanna wear jeans if its hot..but yeah

SO where can I find a cute summer outfit?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    honey dont worry about height- i'm 4ft 9 and i have no problems with guys- like you say its all about confidence.
    i think, if you want to wear something to make you look taller, how about some cute summery wedges (try new look?)
    try asos.com for cute summery dresses- this will also look fab with a pair of wedges! add a chunky bangle or two and some prety studs- et voilá!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    honey dont worry about height- i'm 4ft 9 and i have no problems with guys- like you say its all about confidence.
    i think, if you want to wear something to make you look taller, how about some cute summery wedges (try new look?)
    try asos.com for cute summery dresses- this will also look fab with a pair of wedges! add a chunky bangle or two and some prety studs- et voilá!
    Wow, I think that's the first time I've heard of somebody having exactly the same height as me nearish my age.. :rolleyes:
    And I can't add to what you said either :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Theres some nice dresses in DP's and french connection and River island, give them a look seeee, and then maybe jazz it up a tad with a cute cardigan incase it gets windy or something, and wedges to add to your height if you want. Add jewellery if you wear them. =) good luck x

ReputationRep:
    can i just say the way that you formatted your post is really annoying and made me not want to read all of it but i did read 'summer outfit' so...

http://www.newlook.co.uk/1725487/172...ctDetails.aspx or
    http://www.newlook.co.uk/1645766/164...ctDetails.aspx

http://www.newlook.co.uk/1680273/168...ctDetails.aspx

im too tired too look around tbh! gd luck! x

ReputationRep:
    Women in dresses - is there anything better?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    As a shortie myself I understand the inadequacy one feels when compared to 6'0 Glamazons that seem to roam every club, pub, and school. However, do not underestimate the power of being little; you have the choice of flats or heels and can wear short skirts without looking like a slut.

I would recommend a skirt and top if you can't find a nice dress, and wear pumps if there's a chance of walking anywhere. Maybe a loose, casual t-shirt tucked into skirt (try topshop again!)?

ReputationRep:
    I agree. I'm a tall guy and I find that short girls can be very hot. I have even knelt down on a dance floor to dance (and stuff) with a girl under 5 feet! Being short is no reason at all to lose confidence. No guy I've ever met cares about height, and as I'm 6'7, if anyone was going to care it'd be me.

Good luck!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Low Key)
    I agree. I'm a tall guy and I find that short girls can be very hot. I have even knelt down on a dance floor to dance (and stuff) with a girl under 5 feet! Being short is no reason at all to lose confidence. No guy I've ever met cares about height, and as I'm 6'7, if anyone was going to care it'd be me.

Good luck!
    lol i LOVE your avatar.
    and thankyou for your kind comments! it really is all about confidence and self esteem. i guess as a short girl, since i dont have the height to command people's attentions, i use my vivacious personality instead (which seems to do the trick!)

ReputationRep:
    just wear a cute dress...but i think heels would be a bit OTT..so go with nice sandals or pumps..

ReputationRep:
    Ahh thanks for the help guys
    My friends have slipped into the habit of making short jokes and although I laugh along at times its made me wonder, is it such an issue?
    Plus the guy I'm seeing, hes a lot taller than me and a few years older
    (Me being 16, him having turned 20 just recently)
    So I guess it gets me really nervous!

ReputationRep:
    lol i LOVE your avatar.
    and thankyou for your kind comments! it really is all about confidence and self esteem. i guess as a short girl, since i dont have the height to command people's attentions, i use my vivacious personality instead (which seems to do the trick!)
    You must be a bit naughty for spotting it! But I'd have been able to tell that by your Dita von Teese theme anyway, and I'd be disappointed at anything less from a Scorpio :p:

You should sit on my shoulders one day and we'll go round shouting at everyone together. :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.