Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For some reason I have completely lost my appetite. Since Tuesday I have had about 3 meals and they have not been meals of substantial size.

And I just dont feel any hunger whatsoever! This is worrying as I may not be a beast, but I am a gal who enjoys her food.

What could the explanantions be?

One personal diagnosis is that I have acknowledged that I need to lose weight and therefore my brain is doing this to me sub-consciously.
    Before this, i.e 3-4 weeks prior to this, I was eating really healthily and doing exercise with not even a pound lost.

And now I only eat becuse I feel like I HAVE to, not because I feel the need to supress any hunger, as there isn't any!

No nasty comments please, I have genuine concern for myself here and it is not an attetion thing. I just have NO appetite!

ReputationRep:
    glandular fever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldo91)
    glandular fever?
    lol I thought the same.

OP, just leave it a bit longer if nothing else is 'wrong' with you, it might just be a phase, I have them often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _glandular_fever)
    For some reason I have completely lost my appetite. Since Tuesday I have had about 3 meals and they have not been meals of substantial size.

And I just dont feel any hunger whatsoever! This is worrying as I may not be a beast, but I am a gal who enjoys her food.

What could the explanantions be?

One personal diagnosis is that I have acknowledged that I need to lose weight and therefore my brain is doing this to me sub-consciously.
    Before this, i.e 3-4 weeks prior to this, I was eating really healthily and doing exercise with not even a pound lost.

And now I only eat becuse I feel like I HAVE to, not because I feel the need to supress any hunger, as there isn't any!

No nasty comments please, I have genuine concern for myself here and it is not an attetion thing. I just have NO appetite!
    Omg! Ive had something so similar to this recently!
    Im average size but I normally eat loadsssss. Recently, Ive been able to go with just 1 or 2 small meals a day (no snacks/chocolate which I used to eat all the time aswell) it's so weird! I'm away in Saudi for the holidays though and it's absolutely boiling which means we sleep in the day and are awake at night so I was thinking it could be something to do with that/the heat!

ReputationRep:
    Peoples appetites go up and down, well i know mine does some days i will go without eating, i think it is a common thing.

However if there is no marked change by a week i would consider a trip the the doctor to see if there is anything wrong.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.