Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im str8 but have a crush on a man, any advice for getting over it

ReputationRep:
    Take a holiday to the beaches in Europe? ppl there ought to sort you out.

ReputationRep:
    Just go with the flow. If you like him you like him.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure everyone has these, as everyone is at least a little bit bi.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure your not gay? It does sound as if you could be bi ...

Well its an easy thing to get over :yep: just go to sleep and you wont be thinking of anything nor anyone ... sorted!

ReputationRep:
    You actually have a crush on him? Or is it a bromance?

(Original post by oh wow)
    I'm sure everyone has these, as everyone is at least a little bit bi.
    I am not in the slightest bit gay and i'm there are others like me.

ReputationRep:
    "I'm straight but I have feelings for man". There's something strangely contradictory about this statement, I'm not sure what it is just yet.

ReputationRep:
    if you like him, you like him

hardly end of the world stuff

I've had several 'crushes' on the same sex, doesn't mean I am homosexual.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently it's normal for men to have a man crush. Whatever that means?
    So, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    Go watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

You will soon get over your current mancrush.

ReputationRep:
    Let's not turn this thread into another "Everybody is bi" debate. I doubt the OP is really bothered about it.

OP: You can either wait until you get over this person, or you can try and figure out what these feelings mean. You haven't said how old you are, so it may just be a phase if you're at an age were hormones run wild. Are you attracted to their looks or their personality?

It would be a good idea to try and determine what these feelings mean. If it isn't a phase then you need to figure out what your sexuality is. It isn't the end of the world though if you do have an attraction to people of the same-sex.

ReputationRep:
    Is it the same kind of crush you have on girls........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickendale)
    Go watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

You will soon get over your current mancrush.
    whats that

ReputationRep:
    It had better not be a member of your family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    If it isn't a phase then you need to figure out what your sexuality is. It isn't the end of the world though if you do have an attraction to people of the same-sex.
    No one has to figure out what their sexuality is. Of course it's plausible to want to understand yourself, but you don't have to fit into any specific category. So OP, don't worry about it

Embrace it :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    whats that
    It's an anime with the manliest manly man ever in the history of anything in it.

ReputationRep:
    It is by no means abnormal i would say, key thing is to just try things and see how you feel about them, if you are not comfotable with the idea of anything with a guy then dont as long as you stick to only doing what you are comfortable with you will be fine.

As for getting over a crush i think we all know that it takes some time and you will get over them anyway, there quite often not a long lasting thing.

ReputationRep:
    Are your feelings sexual or do you really just like him? I really like Wesley from Angel but I don't want to doink him.

ReputationRep:
    If you have feelings for another man, you're either gay or bisexual. A 'mancrush' isn't a case of having feelings for another man, it's idolising them and thinking they're brilliant and a great person, not wanting to do them up the pooper. Bromances are the same thing, if I had to give a random pop culture reference, look at Joey and Chandler in Friends, thats a bromance.

For instance I have a mancrush on Trent Reznor (lead singer of NIN), I think the guy is brilliant, he can't do wrong, is intensely cool and if I ever met the guy I'd probably go into teenage female japanese fangirl mode, but I don't have feelings for the guy, god no.

What I'm trying to get at here is all normal guys think other guys are great and look up to them etc, but they don't have feelings for them unless they are a certain way inclined or just very confused.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.