Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So im going to london, for one night only Watch

ReputationRep:
    So im going to london, for one night only on tuesday.
    I go down tuesday afternoon with my work and from about 6pm im free to do what i like. The people from my work who im going with are the 4 worst possible people it could have been, im early 20s, they are early 60s , so clearly im hardly going to be having a laugh with them!

I don't know anyone in london, what can i do?

I dont fancy sitting in my hotel room all night, seems such a waste.

If it helps ill be staying in a hotel on Euston road.

Any ideas welcome

ReputationRep:
    Go to see a musical? Comedy club? There might be a late night museum or gallery opening on Tuesday nights?

ReputationRep:
    Not really into musicals or museums, and not sure a comedy club on my own is a wise idea - think id become the butt of the joke! (being there alone)

ReputationRep:
    if your up for a few drinks and a dance go to lecister square (china town exit) and go to china town for a chinease or a meal in one of the resteraunts there everything from pizza hut to mexican in that area then go down by the odeon cinima and go to the moon under the water for a few and then yates for more drinks nd a bit of a dance lol getting booze down them might make them more intrestin and fun xx

ReputationRep:
    Sit at the back then :p:
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4144652AAKazdc
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=422544
    ?

ReputationRep:
    Smart ass

and thanks for the links,i didnt think to search

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amber2008)
    if your up for a few drinks and a dance go to lecister square (china town exit) and go to china town for a chinease or a meal in one of the resteraunts there everything from pizza hut to mexican in that area then go down by the odeon cinima and go to the moon under the water for a few and then yates for more drinks nd a bit of a dance lol getting booze down them might make them more intrestin and fun xx
    but alone though haha id have to be a complete loon to do that in the big smoke, especially being a northerner!

EDIT: i didnt read your last sentence, only thing worse than old people is old drunk people

ReputationRep:
    Just got to a pub and buy a paper/read a book.

ReputationRep:
    You can come watch me and my baby kiss? :mmm:

Seriously though, I don't think there's much to do in London night time. Specially not when you're alone and it's a Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    Seriously though, I don't think there's much to do in London night time.

What?

Just, what?

There isn't much to do in London at night?

There's probably more things going on in London at night then almost every other city in the world.

On any night, you have clubs, raves, bars, pubs, resturaunts, cafe's, live music of every description imaginable, theatre, stand up comedy, street theatre, more brothel's then you can shake a stick at, pretty much anything you want.

Admittedly, Tuesday isn't the busiest night of the week but there is still plenty to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spike4848)
    What?

Just, what?

There isn't much to do in London at night?

There's probably more things going on in London at night then almost every other city in the world.

On any night, you have clubs, raves, bars, pubs, resturaunts, cafe's, live music of every description imaginable, theatre, stand up comedy, street theatre, more brothel's then you can shake a stick at, pretty much anything you want.

Admittedly, Tuesday isn't the busiest night of the week but there is still plenty to do.
    I was referring to him being alone in London, there isn't much "fun" to have if you're exploring and experiencing it alone :sad:

ReputationRep:
    OMG speaking as a Londoner I can tell you THE CITY IS YOUR OYSTER (and get an oyster card to save money on travel).

Top 5 Places you should go:
    Brick Lane (East London, Nearest Tube Station is Liverpool St.)
    Camden Market (North London, Nearest Tube Station is Camden Town)
    Soho/Chinatown (Central/West London, Nearest Tube Station is Charing Cross)
    Oxford Street (Central/West London, Nearest Tube Station is Oxford Circus/Bond Street)
    Victoria Park (East London, Nearest Tube Station is Mile End/Bethnal Green)

Warning: Stay out of South East London, it's where I'm from and it's a ********.
    Apart from Blackheath and Greenwich

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sean_M)
    So im going to london, for one night only on tuesday.
    I go down tuesday afternoon with my work and from about 6pm im free to do what i like. The people from my work who im going with are the 4 worst possible people it could have been, im early 20s, they are early 60s , so clearly im hardly going to be having a laugh with them!

I don't know anyone in london, what can i do?

I dont fancy sitting in my hotel room all night, seems such a waste.

If it helps ill be staying in a hotel on Euston road.

Any ideas welcome
    hook with someone in your hotel room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    I was referring to him being alone in London, there isn't much "fun" to have if you're exploring and experiencing it alone :sad:

That's true

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies, i think im going to try and get the old people into a bar and then try my best moves on a local girl, if i pull ill leave the old people in the bar and make a swift exit towards my hotel room

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.