Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0404343m)
    It really doesn't surprise me that a Bristol student of all people should hold that sort of attitude- set up originally by an Oxford reject, I read once that in a survey, more people there held rejections than anywhere else for Oxford/Cambridge, so they (only in my own experience of the few students I know) spend more time trying to justify their existence than students of any other university I've come across. "I never liked Oxford anyway" has been a favourite line in the past. :tongue: Just humour them, they'll soon realise it isn't everything and get on with having fun/getting a degree. It's much better in Scotland (although I would be biased on this one) as most Scots can't actually sit the three advanced highers (since they're optional for Schools to teach) and thus can't apply to most English universities, so we all just concentrate on the more important thinks, like £1 drinks...

As for the topic, I'm reminded of not Captain Blackadder, but Wimbledon supremo, John McEnroe. You really cannot be serious.
    Yeah, I should point out that she's just completed her first year atr Bristol, and she's at Wills (the Bristol accomodation with the highest proportion of privately educated students, which was apparently built by the father of an Oxbridge reject, and which has faced accusations in the past of discrimination towards those from less well off backgrounds) and pretty much everyone she lives with is an Oxbridge reject, so they've got an environment where everyone there is resentful.

Still, I'm the target for cheap pointscoring and paranoia about perceived academic inadequacy.

I really don't care, where people get educated is none of my business, I just don't see why I should get abuse from people whose university applications were nothing to do with me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.