Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've just been invited to a Mayer Brown Assessment Centre for a training contract commencing in 2011.

Does anyone have any experience of the AC and have any tips on what the day involves?

I know briefly the exercises that take place throughout the day but if anyone could expand on this it would be really helpful!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I've actually met the person who organises and carries out the MB assessment day so i pretty much know what the day entails.
    The day starts of with a fact finding exercise (you will be given something like a report and you must ask relevant questions in order to arrive at the correct answer), that's followed by an interview with a member of GR and a partner. Once you have had that there is usually a group exercise followed by a written exercise (analytical report which candidates analyse). It sounds pretty daunting, but i've seen some of the material they use (fact finder and analytical report) and it's not as hard as it sounds! I had the chance to practie them with the GR and all i can say is use your common sense and don't overthink. That was my mistake! I overthought and the answer was SO simple lol... Make sure you always tell the truth because the partner i had knew EVERYTHING about my application and aksed loads of questions.
    GOOD LUCK
    I'm sure u will be fine
    Alisha

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.