Turn on thread page Beta

For those of you who graduated with a first class degree... watch

• View Poll Results: If you got a first class degree, how many hours a day did you study?
    0-2 hours
    36.36%
    3-5 hours
    31.82%
    6-8 hours
    15.91%
    9-11 hours
    2.27%
    12 + hours
    13.64%

ReputationRep:
    0-2 hours per day for 80% of the year, then - as exams & deadlines approached - I'm pretty sure I pulled some 18+ hour days (including meals & procastinating) while dosed up on tea and ice cream.

ReputationRep:
    Graduated with a First in Creative Writing and English, from Aberystwyth Univ. Did around 6-8 hours a day, seven days a week. Wrote 800-1000 words of fiction every morning before starting critical work, reading, and attending lectures/seminars. I always made sure to do my work throughout the day (more or less 9-5) so that I'd have the evenings free for debauchery. I never needed to pull an all-nighter or spend all day in the library.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.