Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The London Underground is like a giant dirty fan heater, which dirties your clothes when used over an extended period of time. Do you agree?

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't built for the purpose of acting as some sort of reverse washing machine.

ReputationRep:
    Agree

I hate public transport

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but it gets you from Barnet to Brixton in no time at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden-flower)
    It wasn't built for the purpose of acting as some sort of reverse washing machine.
    This, really.
    Plus I only ever used to get dirty when I ran around down there where I was young, and dragged my hands all over the walls. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but it also gets you from A to B, quicker than busses mostly.

ReputationRep:
    Same thing with the Subway in Manhattan, much quicker than Buses....

ReputationRep:
    I could care less about getting dirty down there, it's the heat in the summer that gets me. I mean seriously how hard is it for them to get some air conditioning in there rather than having one window open and thinking that'll ventilate the whole train.

ReputationRep:
    I love it.
    It always feels like an adventure, despite the fact I used to go pretty much every weekend.
    And yus, it gets you to where you want to be quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Generally, it's so easy to moan about the Tube when you're living in London and use it every day. However, whenever I've gone elsewhere I realise how immensely grateful I should be for it. May not be perfect, but it's worthy of great respect all the same.

ReputationRep:
    The tube scares me so I've always avoided it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Generally, it's so easy to moan about the Tube when you're living in London and use it every day. However, whenever I've gone elsewhere I realise how immensely grateful I should be for it. May not be perfect, but it's worthy of great respect all the same.
    Exactly! I moan about it all the time, but when they strike its hell. Can't do without it!

i love the tube. creepy men touching you when its packed, staring at the person across from you smiling and making them feel uncomfortable, reading the persons book beside you, pretending youre asleep so you dont have to give up your seat when an old lady comes on (my friend says he does this), standing on the tube (i usually stand as i find it more comfortable :indiff:), everybody sitting nervously when a couple of drunken neds come on. oh the memories

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has ever been on the tube in HK, you'll realise how pathetic the one in London is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    If anyone has ever been on the tube in HK, you'll realise how pathetic the one in London is!
    This. So clean and efficient!

ReputationRep:
    london tube sucks. it cant even run overnight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Zeuss™)
    i love the tube. creepy men touching you when its packed, staring at the person across from you smiling and making them feel uncomfortable, reading the persons book beside you, pretending youre asleep so you dont have to give up your seat when an old lady comes on (my friend says he does this), standing on the tube (i usually stand as i find it more comfortable :indiff:), everybody sitting nervously when a couple of drunken neds come on. oh the memories
    lol thats why I hate going on it everyday!! the men especially the africain men trying to chat to me and staring at me straight in the eye..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladydeborah)
    Exactly! I moan about it all the time, but when they strike its hell. Can't do without it!
    Indeed. :yep: I have a lot of family in Birmingham and, as a rather typical, pampered Londoner (:ninja2:), I find getting around up there to be relatively awful if it's not smack bang in the middle of the city. :sad:

When I'm back in London, I take a day off from bothering about signal failures. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    the hong kong ones are awesome

they also have etiquette as well, no food iirc and every respects it.

beijing ones were also better than london

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    I could care less about getting dirty down there, it's the heat in the summer that gets me. I mean seriously how hard is it for them to get some air conditioning in there rather than having one window open and thinking that'll ventilate the whole train.
    Trains in London don't have A/C? That is ridiculous. In Manhattan (NYC) the only thing that isnt air conditioner are the stations underground, except for major stations such as grand central and times square... but most of the cars have A/C.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.