Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PauloG.)
    Not if you wash it every single time.

The question is how much toilet paper you waste without a bidet?
    Indeed :yes:

In Arabic countries they merely go without either, as far as I know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmeenax)
    Indeed :yes:

In Arabic countries they merely go without either, as far as I know...
    They have a hose on the side of their toilets (or, at least, the respectable toilets). I didn't even dare try one whilst I was there.

ReputationRep:
    i have one in my bathroom. ive used it my whole life....feels wierd wipeing and then walking.....nt right at all. saves on toilet paper to an extent....i wipe before using it tho just incase.

ReputationRep:
    Use their face flannel

ReputationRep:
    yea - shock of my ******* life.

Japanese toilet
    Press the seat warmer - hmm this is pretty cool
    See a button with a fountain thing, what could it be? - pressed it and had water spray up my ********, oh the shame. Was not expecting that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    yea - shock of my ******* life.

Japanese toilet
    Press the seat warmer - hmm this is pretty cool
    See a button with a fountain thing, what could it be? - pressed it and had water spray up my ********, oh the shame. Was not expecting that
    This. I think someone had set it to its highest power too. Thankfully my finger found the stop button rather quickly.

ReputationRep:
    We have one in our bathroom but I've never used it. No one has. It's an english house as well. Hell I'd just be pretty embarassed if someone walked in and I was using it, because no one does. We've kind of phased it out of the bathroom and don't really see it anymore. haha.

I also had a go on one in Japan, they've gone totally overboard on that ****, they got driers, different water pressures, different "spray modes" (do you want the "single shot" or the "triple spread"?!), this one was also the one that felt like the damn thing was giving you an enema.

ReputationRep:
    We have one, i've never bothered to use it though - aren't you meant to sort of sit on them the opposite way round to what you think?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I use them in hotels on holiday. I can't see why everybody is so confused about them.

ReputationRep:
    It icks me that people pose this question as if there's something weird about bidets.

We've always had bidets in all the bathrooms in our house, I find it disgusting that most people don't.

ReputationRep:
    My step gran has one and when I was little I did a wee in it.

ReputationRep:
    I have one in my bathroom and had one in my last house too...theyre not scary at all and you don't have to use them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caze)
    We have one in our bathroom but I've never used it. No one has. It's an english house as well. Hell I'd just be pretty embarassed if someone walked in and I was using it, because no one does. We've kind of phased it out of the bathroom and don't really see it anymore. haha.
    I'd be pretty embarrassed if someone walked on me while going to the toilet tbh =/

I've used 'em before. Definitely takes a little getting used to, but I actually quite like 'em - get your backside cleaner than toilet paper, certainly, and it's also more... civilised, in a fashion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    It icks me that people pose this question as if there's something weird about bidets.

We've always had bidets in all the bathrooms in our house, I find it disgusting that most people don't.
    Well they are weird in that not many people have them, and most who don't aren't sure how to use one.

So yes, you're weird, and I find weird people disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TableChair)
    Well they are weird in that not many people have them, and most who don't aren't sure how to use one.

So yes, you're weird, and I find weird people disgusting.
    I don't understand how anyone can't understand how to use a bidet. As the saying goes, if you had poop on your arm, you wouldn't just wipe it off with a bit of tissue would you? It's disgusting. Bidets should be a fixture in every home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    I don't understand how anyone can't understand how to use a bidet. As the saying goes, if you had poop on your arm, you wouldn't just wipe it off with a bit of tissue would you? It's disgusting. Bidets should be a fixture in every home.
    What do you do after using a toilet where there is no bidet?
    Wash your arse in the sink?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morlock)
    What do you do after using a toilet where there is no bidet?
    Wash your arse in the sink?
    I don't seeing as I would never use the bathroom away from home, simple enough.

Just because the vast majority of this population are filthy and have remnants of faeces clinging to their backsides, doesn't make it ok.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it may be easy enough to hang on to your load, but what about urinating?

I cannot believe you never urinate away from home unless you are a hermit, therefore you will have traces of urine on your genitalia at some point.

ReputationRep:
    I have one in my bathroom, I use it to shave my legs in, lol.

Generally if you want to wash your arse though, you sit on it facing the wall and have the sprinkler on and you just use soap like in the shower and dry yourself off afterwards, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    We have one in our house and I don't think its ever been used once. We just keep bath towels in it, and occasionally the cat will take a nap in it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.