Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChopinNocturne)
    I only ever used it to wash my feet
    Thought I was the only one lol :o:

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was used to wash your face or as a drinking fountain lol.

ReputationRep:
    I always have had one in my house. I don't understand how people don't use them if available or at least, use water after going to the toilet?

You do your business, then wash yourself in the bidet and use toilet paper with it. It isn't disgusting, and is way more hygenic than just using toilet paper only.

If you don't have a bidet, I think people should have at least some squirt-bottle full of water, by their toilet, to WASH themselves especially after a number 2.

I do NOT understand people who just dry wipe after a number 2.

If you got poo on your face, would you dry wipe it away or use water to help clean it off?

Dirty bum people!

ReputationRep:
    we've got one in the bathroom, never used it in my life

I always try to shower after taking a **** though, whenever it's convenient

ReputationRep:
    To the person who negged me, you obviously enjoy being a faecophile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    i have one and actually all my italian relatives have one. i only really use it to wash my feet. they use it how its meant to be used. but i'm a bit reluctant lol.
    I'm sorry but I couldn't stick my feet where peoples backsides have been...

ReputationRep:
    My nan's villa in Spain has one but I've only ever known it be used to clean feet

ReputationRep:
    Never used one, or been anywhere that has one.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    I'm sorry but I couldn't stick my feet where peoples backsides have been...
    what the hell? you dont shove your ass actually IN the bowl of the bidet- thats anatomically imposible.
    and LOL people's backsides sit all over the place and you sit right on where their backsides have been- what anbout when you're on the toilet? you're happy enough to put you bare backside into contact with a toilet seat where other bare backsides have gone. eesh.

ReputationRep:
    i actually thought they were for feet washing until last year :o:

i personally wouldn't bother using them tbh. loo roll has done the job perfectly for 16 yrs so I'm not going to start squirting water into that area anytime soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazija)

If you got poo on your face, would you dry wipe it away or use water to help clean it off?
    This leads to another question. If I had poo on my face, I'd use soap and water to get it off, so, is there special bidet soap as well?

ReputationRep:
    I've never even SEEN a bidet.
    I suppose I don't know anyone that posh.
    I love wikipedia for this though:

"Users who are unfamiliar with bidets often confuse a bidet with a urinal, toilet, or even a drinking fountain. It is generally understood that the user should sit on a bidet facing the tap and nozzle for washing the genitalia, and should sit with back to the tap and wall when washing the anus and buttocks. For a thorough cleaning, the user should use a hand to scrub the area with soap after wetting, then rinse. A dedicated towel or wipe is often available for drying."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    what the hell? you dont shove your ass actually IN the bowl of the bidet- thats anatomically imposible.
    and LOL people's backsides sit all over the place and you sit right on where their backsides have been- what anbout when you're on the toilet? you're happy enough to put you bare backside into contact with a toilet seat where other bare backsides have gone. eesh.
    I feel sick

ReputationRep:
    My Auntie has a bidet in one of her bathrooms, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

When I was little I thought it was for washing your feet or something ...

(Original post by abc101)
    I don't seeing as I would never use the bathroom away from home, simple enough.

Just because the vast majority of this population are filthy and have remnants of faeces clinging to their backsides, doesn't make it ok.
    So when you go to University you basically have three choices.

a. Hold in your poo for weeks on end.
    b. Wash your backside in a sink
    c. Fashion a bidet from a waterbottle and a urinal turned upside down.

I'm pretty sure there is no dorm in the nation with a bidet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    So when you go to University you basically have three choices.

a. Hold in your poo for weeks on end.
    b. Wash your backside in a sink
    c. Fashion a bidet from a waterbottle and a urinal turned upside down.

I'm pretty sure there is no dorm in the nation with a bidet.
    One of the many reasons why I would never ever have wanted to live in crappy university accommodation.

One of the many reasons why I would never ever have wanted to live in crappy university accommodation.
    Ohhh I see, you're a snob. Sorry should have guessed from the whole bidet thing.

Good luck finding accomodation with bidets anywhere outside your house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    Ohhh I see, you're a snob. Sorry should have guessed from the whole bidet thing.

Good luck finding accomodation with bidets anywhere outside your house.
    Yes, I'm a snob because I care about my living conditions and don't want to live in squalor.

What a retard you are.

ReputationRep:
    mmm yeah, I'd much rather wipe myself with a tissue and have **** still left on my arse while I walk around all day with a smelly backside. NOT!

Wash yourself with water people please, it's called hygiene. For your own good and mine. I have to stand behind you on the escalators with your ass in my face and it STINKS!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm a snob because I care about my living conditions and don't want to live in squalor.

What a retard you are.
    I hardly think not having a bidet is living in squalor...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.