Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am i bad for thinking this? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shuvel)
    Not really, no-one likes hearing a child give out high pitched screams on a bus or in public, its not exactly something you really want to hear :P

I think what i find more offensive is some of the parents. Especially the manky ones who shout and swear at their kids. I remember when i was in school as theres an Asda right next door at lunch i would go up, and one day there was this girl, probably between 17-20 with her kid, and i've never heard someone speak to harshly to a kid in my life, it wasn't even a stop crying, it was more like stop being a little **** and wise up. It was so aggresive i was kind of shocked tbh, saying that to a teenager is fair enough, but the kid was barely old enought o walk. :|
    Yeah I've seen that, parents often in their mid to late teens shouting and swearing at such young children - ******* wasters..

OP, no way are you bad for being annoyed at the kid, and don't let anyone make you think otherwise; you can't help being annoyed at the kid, can you?

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I always think that.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Oh FFS get off your bloody high horse and actually read what i've been saying. I dont actually think anyone should put their kid in a cage, i was obviously taking the piss. Honestly some people really do think having kids makes them some sort of superior to the rest of us :rolleyes:
    ******** to that - seriously how does having to go to the supermarket make people with kids feel like they are superior to other people?

I just think it's ******* retarded that people ***** and moan all the time about seeing a baby or child crying when they're out and about. I mean, my god, shock horror, a small child making a noise of some kind. Geez you'd think it was the biggest crime of the century the way people moan and groan about it.

It's a small child making a bit of noise....get over it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    ******** to that - seriously how does having to go to the supermarket make people with kids feel like they are superior to other people?

I just think it's fooking retarded that people ***** and moan all the time about seeing a baby or child crying when they're out and about. I mean, my god, shock horror, a small child making a noise of some kind. Geez you'd think it was the biggest crime of the century the way people moan and groan about it.

It's a small child making a bit of noise....get over it!
    No sweetheart im talking about your attitude in this thread. We ***** and moan because for some reason people enjoy strapping thier kids into trollies and forcing them around the most boring environment and then ignore their tantrums, or worse allow them to run around pulling stuff off off the shelves and getting under everyones feet. No not every parent is like that but guess what, i am entitled to moan about whatever the hell i like and this time its toddlers and babies in supermarkets. I don't give a flying rats ass about what you have to say on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and a small bit of noise? Maybe as a breeder you have now learnt to dull the skull splitting screams of other peoples ******* kids. Guess what, the rest of us don't want to hear it.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    No sweetheart im talking about your attitude in this thread. We ***** and moan because for some reason people enjoy strapping thier kids into trollies and forcing them around the most boring environment and then ignore their tantrums, or worse allow them to run around pulling stuff off off the shelves and getting under everyones feet. No not every parent is like that but guess what, i am entitled to moan about whatever the hell i like and this time its toddlers and babies in supermarkets. I don't give a flying rats ass about what you have to say on the matter.
    Well the simple answer is for you to just not leave your house, because frankly, sweetheart, your moaning is far more annoying than any child.

Damned right. Nobody should ever have children. Far far better for the human race to die out.

and those that do have children out of sheer misfortune should never dare go to the supermarket. A starving child is a much better child if you ask me.

F*cking parents, how dare they go and buy food. TSK!

And furthermore, if they DO (for some totally ridiculous reason) have to go to the supermarket, they should damned well leave their kids at home by themselves. Small children simply do NOT need an adult to remain at home with them, they are perfectly capable of looking after themselves.

Bloody ridiculous....people having children and then having to go to the supermarket with them....pfft honestly you'd think they'd know better :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And as for the kids themselves, geez they should just NOT cry. I mean who do they think they are? Babies crying?! F*cking ridiculous!

Well, I, for one, keep well away from kids. :rolleyes:
    Are you being sarcastic?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Glutamic Acid)
    Are you being sarcastic?
    yes

don't get me wrong I know that nobody likes a child that is solidly shrieking, but the attitude of some people appears to be that parents should never ever take their children out of the house, or maybe that children should be muzzled. It's bloody ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    i don't know if this will make you feel better...my mum once hit someone elses child on holiday cause it was kicking the back of her chair repeatedly and its parents weren't doing anything about it. as soon as the parents looked away, my mum gave it a swift (not hard) slap on the leg.
    shut it up though.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by sugarjunkie001)
    i don't know if this will make you feel better...my mum once hit someone elses child on holiday cause it was kicking the back of her chair repeatedly and its parents weren't doing anything about it. as soon as the parents looked away, my mum gave it a swift (not hard) slap on the leg.
    shut it up though.
    why the hell didn't she tell the parents to control their child instead of resorting to violence?! If somebody smacked my child I'd bloody kill them.

ReputationRep:
    why the hell didn't she tell the parents to control their child instead of resorting to violence?! If somebody smacked my child I'd bloody kill them.
    she asked them politely a few times, then started getting angry and we tried to move tables but the restaurant was full.
    its their own damn fault if they can't make their child behave.
    i'm sure you wouldn't have such an ill-mannered child, so you don't have to worry about people like my mum

ReputationRep:
    oh by the way - i'm not saying what my mum did is ok - it was appauling behaviour and me and my brother had a massive go at her for doing it.
    shes not very tolerant of other peoples children...

ReputationRep:
    Well the simple answer is for you to just not leave your house, because frankly, sweetheart, your moaning is far more annoying than any child.
    Lol yes i'm sure EVERYONE agrees. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I would hope you would have the intelligence to teach your children the difference between right and wrong and how to behave in public.

ReputationRep:
    Ha reminds me of when my mate was on the bus and some kids was running up and down screaming and the mother just sat there doing nothing. He eventually leaned forward and said "excuse me, i know its not PC to hit your child in public so would you liek me to do ti for you?" Suprisingly she got the idea and actually did some damn parenting :toofunny: ha ha.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I would hope you would have the intelligence to teach your children the difference between right and wrong and how to behave in public.
    Well certainly but a lot depends on the age of the child. You can tell a 2 year old, for example, until you are blue in the face to sit still and keep quiet, but if they're feeling particularly stubborn you might as well try wrestling lions for all the good it will do you.

Children aren't puppets, much as it would be "convenient" for everybody else if they were.

There is absolutely no parent in the world who can keep their child 100% brilliantly behaved all of the time. It simply does not happen, not even for the best most attentive parents. Children are unpredictable.

Other people moaning about a child making a bit of noise, or not doing as they are told, doesn't change a damned thing, and it certainly doesn't help a frazzled parent who is already trying their best. Patience and understanding goes a long way.
    Parents don't take their kids out in public purely to be a public nuisance you know - they take them out in public because they are still people with needs like everybody else - they still need to shop, they still need to leave the house once in a while. If a child is playing up, and the parent with them is doing everything possible to control their child, that's literally all you can expect them to do.

There are some unreasonable places to take children, like to the cinema if the child cannot keep quiet, and that's fine and dandy, but a supermarket......come on now....if a kid makes a bit of noise in a supermarket it's not going to kill anybody. As long as the parent is TRYING to keep the child happy, there's nothing else they can do, and it's unreasonable to expect otherwise. At least they are being responsible and not leaving their kid in a hot car for example, or letting the child starve! Most public places are hardly places of absolute silence anyway unless you're talking about a library!

(Original post by sugarjunkie001)
    she asked them politely a few times, then started getting angry and we tried to move tables but the restaurant was full.
    its their own damn fault if they can't make their child behave.
    i'm sure you wouldn't have such an ill-mannered child, so you don't have to worry about people like my mum
    Well I couldn't guarantee that my kids wouldn't TRY to kick somebody's chair, but I'd damned well tell them off if they did.
    My daughter in particular can be a bugger sometimes but if she plays up in public she knows there are consequences (i.e. no pudding / not sleeping at nana's house / getting a smacked bum if she's really bad.....but by me or my husband, nobody else. If somebody else smacked my kid, even if they'd been naughty, I would seriously see red!)

ReputationRep:
    Well I couldn't guarantee that my kids wouldn't TRY to kick somebody's chair, but I'd damned well tell them off if they did.
    My daughter in particular can be a bugger sometimes but if she plays up in public she knows there are consequences (i.e. no pudding / not sleeping at nana's house / getting a smacked bum if she's really bad.....but by me or my husband, nobody else. If somebody else smacked my kid, even if they'd been naughty, I would seriously see red!)
    yeh, shes probably lucky they didn't see...

ReputationRep:
    Well certainly but a lot depends on the age of the child. You can tell a 2 year old, for example, until you are blue in the face to sit still and keep quiet, but if they're feeling particularly stubborn you might as well try wrestling lions for all the good it will do you.

Children aren't puppets, much as it would be "convenient" for everybody else if they were.

There is absolutely no parent in the world who can keep their child 100% brilliantly behaved all of the time. It simply does not happen, not even for the best most attentive parents. Children are unpredictable.

Other people moaning about a child making a bit of noise, or not doing as they are told, doesn't change a damned thing, and it certainly doesn't help a frazzled parent who is already trying their best. Patience and understanding goes a long way.
    Parents don't take their kids out in public purely to be a public nuisance you know - they take them out in public because they are still people with needs like everybody else - they still need to shop, they still need to leave the house once in a while. If a child is playing up, and the parent with them is doing everything possible to control their child, that's literally all you can expect them to do.

There are some unreasonable places to take children, like to the cinema if the child cannot keep quiet, and that's fine and dandy, but a supermarket......come on now....if a kid makes a bit of noise in a supermarket it's not going to kill anybody. As long as the parent is TRYING to keep the child happy, there's nothing else they can do, and it's unreasonable to expect otherwise. At least they are being responsible and not leaving their kid in a hot car for example, or letting the child starve! Most public places are hardly places of absolute silence anyway unless you're talking about a library!

Congratualtions captain obvious, im sure most of us have got younger brothers and sisters and are fully aware that kids are kids :dontknow: :rolleyes: Some people dont like kids and some people don't like listening to them screaming, it doesn't make them monsters.

ReputationRep:
    I can see by your neg rep that you are either too blind or unable to read to understand that I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH KIDS!!!! I want to be a primary school teacher FFS. My problem is a) parents that do not bring their kids up to be respectable and polite and b) I hate hearing children scream and cry, show me one person who does!! I don't give a crap if the fact that i hate kids screaming in my ear on the bus annoys parents, they should be more bothered about looking after their kids. Honestly read whats being written instead of reading what you want.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Congratualtions captain obvious, im sure most of us have got younger brothers and sisters and are fully aware that kids are kids :dontknow: :rolleyes: Some people dont like kids and some people don't like listening to them screaming, it doesn't make them monsters.
    Sometimes stating the obvious is necessary when dealing with narrow minds.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.