Turn on thread page Beta

Am i bad for thinking this? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    Sometimes stating the obvious is necessary when dealing with narrow minds.
    Oh my god you are one of the pig headed people on this site. READ THE DAMN POSTS.

ReputationRep:
    not bad at all.

It gets bad when you have whats called involuntary thoughts like: "What would happen if I smack that kid in the face" or "...if I push him into the river?". Hmmmmmmmmm

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Trigger)
    I can see by your neg rep that you are either too blind or unable to read to understand that I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH KIDS!!!! I want to be a primary school teacher FFS. My problem is a) parents that do not bring their kids up to be respectable and polite and b) I hate hearing children scream and cry, show me one person who does!! I don't give a crap if the fact that i hate kids screaming in my ear on the bus annoys parents, they should be more bothered about looking after their kids. Honestly read whats being written instead of reading what you want.
    lol you're rather hilariously a mass of contradictions. I suggest you get clear in your own mind what it is you'd like to say before saying it.

You hate kids
    no wait, you like kids
    no hang on you hate parents
    no, you love the world
    wait, no, you're back to hating kids again
    oh no, duh, obviously you didn't mean anything you previously said
    apart from the part where you hate kids

.......yep, i should so know what you mean, you're crystal clear, course you are.

ReputationRep:
    Kids are a bit ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    Well on that note, I know writing is a difficult skill but YOU'LL get there one day.
    Seriously though, what are you going to do when your kids are all grown up and moved out? Seems like that will be your sole topic of conversation/purpose of living gone... What will you do with yourself?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by FiveFiveSix)
    Seriously though, what are you going to do when your kids are all grown up and moved out? Seems like that will be your sole topic of conversation/purpose of living gone... What will you do with yourself?
    I expect at that point I shall simply cease to exist. That's what all parents do when their kids grow up and move out. Common knowledge. Parents are not actually people. They're more like machines really that require children in order to function.

ReputationRep:
    I always think that, especially when the parents aren't paying the slightest bit of attention to their offspring.

ReputationRep:
    I blame the parents. Kids can be controlled (there are some rare exceptions) and I've never had any problems. I've looked after many, even the ones people find most difficult. It's just a matter of good parenting/knowing how to keep them under control using authority without being too submissive.

I've seen babies and children crying too many times when the parent is just totally doing it all wrong and making it even worse. They need to go to parenting classes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i like to be in peace in public. and i'm anti-children, so i don't have patience for them.
    You like peace in public but you travel on a bus, ha ha if you were that bothered you would avoid buses. You can be as anti children as you like, you don't have to like them, however if you go somewhere were children will be present whose fault is that?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by PrincessJasmine)
    You like peace in public but you travel on a bus, ha ha if you were that bothered you would avoid buses. You can be as anti children as you like, you don't have to like them, however if you go somewhere were children will be present whose fault is that?
    It's a bus not a playground

I wouldn't go to the local park for peace and quiet but I don't see why it's unreasonable to expect parents to control their children (or at the least minimise the amount of noise/disruption) in normal public areas.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind kids crying/screaming. I think there are far more annoying things. Like if i'm on the tube, a child crying wouldn't annoy me, but someone playing their music far too loudly would!

We were all kids, and i really doubt that we didn't throw a trantrum or scream the place down at some point! Ask your parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    It's a bus not a playground

I wouldn't go to the local park for peace and quiet but I don't see why it's unreasonable to expect parents to control their children (or at the least minimise the amount of noise/disruption) in normal public areas.
    I used to get annoyed but things like this I still do occassionally, just because I am pregnant doesn't mean the noise isn't annoying. However the OP is moaning about something very predictable on public transport. Everybody has the right to use public transport, I am sure none of us were quiet throughout our whole childhood. If you don't like it and feel so strongly you need to make a thread about it, maybe the OP should consider other forms of transport so he/she doesn't get annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessJasmine)
    I used to get annoyed but things like this I still do occassionally, just because I am pregnant doesn't mean the noise isn't annoying. However the OP is moaning about something very predictable on public transport. Everybody has the right to use public transport, I am sure none of us were quiet throughout our whole childhood. If you don't like it and feel so strongly you need to make a thread about it, maybe the OP should consider other forms of transport so he/she doesn't get annoyed.
    So instead of parents actually parenting the rest of us should just put up with it or take taxis? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    yes these are bad thoughts! Its just a way for them to communicate
    it never really bothers me...
    only if the child is like really spoilt and stuff then i would be a but hacked off but all children cry and scream
    at least you know their lungs are working haha

ReputationRep:
    Your conscience pricks you man so its bad,probably even very bad.But at least you are way better than childminders and parents that whack lil tots to death out of irritation like we read in the papers every now and then.Irritation is a disease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    So instead of parents actually parenting the rest of us should just put up with it or take taxis? :rolleyes:
    If you are 100% certain you never made any public fuss in your entire childhood then your coments throughout this thread could be valid. Children make noise, children occassionally cry it isn't really a big deal, if you get so offended by this on public transport then don't take it. If you can not afford other means of transport that is not the child's fault.

If you want to be a primary school teacher you will need to accept this, some children in your class will cry, some will make noise, the parents wont be present so it will be your responsiblity to control them. If you can not do this 100% would you say you were to blame?

ReputationRep:
    Enough. Some people like children, others don't. Some mine the screaming, others don't. Lets not resort to equal levels of childishness please.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.