Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi,

I think it's fairly obvious answer in some respects, but whenever my friends have smoked it in the past at University they've always done it in their student house or outside with no worries.

However I have the house to myself all summer ( ) as my mum is away. She and her partner have bought a brand new house and I'm kind of the first person to live on it while they're crusing. Now they told me not to have anyone smoking in the house. And maybe I could get rid of the scent by October, but still It'd be disrespectful to not do that for them, seen as they're giving me somewhere to stay.

So I thought if my mates want to smoke weed they could in the back garden. Its a detached house and we have just one neighbour to our left who is some 70 odd year old woman on her own. Do you think it will be that overwhelming, and obvious that it was cannabis as I don't want to give the wrong impression of what her new neighbours are like for my mum?

Just trying to think, It'd just be say during a BBQ having a few, and of course it's illegal and shouldn't condone it but just wanted peoples thoughts on how likely it is to be obvious for an old neighbour.

Also if say the police came (now I'm just over-thinking), if people were smoking, I could just refuse them to come in couldn't I? Or have I just been watching too much of the bill :P

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, you're so good!
    Just smoke it, it'll be fine. Why would the police randomly come to a bbq?

ReputationRep:
    If you're having a BBQ the smells of that will cover the smoke from your friends. And you could just throw the joints on the BBQ if the police come around. That was the weed smoke will get all over and the police will be high and forget what they're doing.

ReputationRep:
    imagine farting in a half a bottle of hot water.
    Trapping that fart for 30 minutes
    Then smelling it

That's how strong the smell is

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's not illegal to smoke it just to possess it. So if the police come knocking, chuck it all on the BBQ.

The smell won't be noticable anyway, especially with a BBQ going.

Depends on the person. When I had a period of weed smoking my Mum found out, she has the nose of a bloodhound. Nobody else had noticed, however.

ReputationRep:
    I can tell he difference between the smell of weed and normal tobacco, but most people can't.

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to get through a few ounces, probably quite. But to be honest, who the hell calls the police on a group of young people having a fun time? Unless it gets out of hand, I'd say you were being a little paranoid

ReputationRep:
    I'd notice it a mile away.
    It's pretty distinctive if you know what it smells like.

Best do it outside. The police will only come to your BBQ if there's a noise problem and your neighbours complain so best keep it on the quiet side.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.