Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissesTwishes)
    I just can't wait to go back to school..
    at least i'm not alone in feeling this way haha

ZOMG, only 13 days to go guys........
    D Day is slowly but surely approaching :L

ReputationRep:
    i just got a letter from school and all my results but 3 subjects are getting sent home by a letter on the 25th and i have to collect the other 3 on 27th in school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrishPerson)
    i just got a letter from school and all my results but 3 subjects are getting sent home by a letter on the 25th and i have to collect the other 3 on 27th in school
    Just to clarify for you, CCEA comes out on the 25th and AQA on the 27th as it's the English exam board!

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting the Maths N3 result. Apparently, it's impossible to fail.

I think I did.

My attitude at the time of taking it was just 'ahh well, sure there's resits!'

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine.)
    I'm getting the Maths N3 result. Apparently, it's impossible to fail.

I think I did.

My attitude at the time of taking it was just 'ahh well, sure there's resits!'

:rolleyes:
    Are you in 4th year currently? If you are (unless your school has told you specifically) it's unlikely that you'll get them on the 25th, as schools usually view the full GCSEs as more important to send out to students on the day.
    Now that there's a shorter turnaround time from results until the first day back, I'd say it's more likely that you will get your N3 result when you get back in September.

I was in the same boat last year, waiting for my N3 Maths result in the post during the summer and I never got it until I was back at school!
    And if I can get 100% in my N3, I'm pretty sure you can I'm more of an English Literature kinda girl

ReputationRep:
    10 days! Eeek!

ReputationRep:
    aaaaaah 10days!!! i made a mistake i get all mine except RE nd maths on the 25th eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

ReputationRep:
    aaaaaah 10days!!! i made a mistake i get all mine except RE nd maths on the 25th eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek
    Me too! D:

ReputationRep:
    Me too! D:
    I get ALL mine on the 25th..I'm glad I get them all together so I don't have to worry for another day about any other results that I got
    I'm just sick of waiting now..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachlala14)
    I get ALL mine on the 25th..I'm glad I get them all together so I don't have to worry for another day about any other results that I got
    I'm just sick of waiting now..
    Awk luck you
    I've only got maths and RE to wait for so that's not too bad - I don't really care about them :P I get all my results for the subjects I've been really worried about on the 25th

I'm feeling the exact same way as you are on the waiting front, I suppose everyone is I can't wait for the results to come out to be honest, 10 weeks so far and it's felt like eternity!

ReputationRep:
    Awk luck you
    I've only got maths and RE to wait for so that's not too bad - I don't really care about them :P I get all my results for the subjects I've been really worried about on the 25th

I'm feeling the exact same way as you are on the waiting front, I suppose everyone is I can't wait for the results to come out to be honest, 10 weeks so far and it's felt like eternity!
    I'm now starting to think about the silliest things like what if one examiner is a really hard marker and the other is an easy marker and everyone else gets the easy marker apart from me :L paranoia is taking over
    wouldn't it be awful if you misread your results slip and thought you got an a* in a subject that mattered but it turns out it's like a C

I need help :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I'm now starting to think about the silliest things like what if one examiner is a really hard marker and the other is an easy marker and everyone else gets the easy marker apart from me :L paranoia is taking over
    wouldn't it be awful if you misread your results slip and thought you got an a* in a subject that mattered but it turns out it's like a C

I need help :woo:
    Omg I know like in this video!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSRy6...eature=related

I feel SO sorry for that girl!! That must have been so terrible!

ReputationRep:
    Omg I know like in this video!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSRy6...eature=related

I feel SO sorry for that girl!! That must have been so terrible!
    I think I'd probably lock myself in a room and cry not only over my misread results but also the fact I misread it on TV.
    How awful
    my plan is to go to my room, read through them on my own and then tell my family I wouldn't want to be disappointed in front of them :/

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd probably lock myself in a room and cry not only over my misread results but also the fact I misread it on TV.
    How awful
    my plan is to go to my room, read through them on my own and then tell my family I wouldn't want to be disappointed in front of them :/
    You won't be disappointed don't worry
    I'm going to do something similar to you though, probably just go somewhere quiet and see what I got.

9 days now...I feel like I should be happy because I've waited so long but it's really starting to hit me now...there's some subjects in which I don't really mind what I get as long as I pass, but subjects such as English, Geography and Art are the ones I'm really really praying to god I've achieved higher than B's in. The tension is getting worse, I mean, I was impatient getting mock results back in school; I pestered my teachers every day
    "DO YOU HAVE THE RESULTS YET!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!11!2?!! !"
    As you can probably tell I'm an extremely impatient person in situations such as getting exam results back :p:

ReputationRep:
    9DAYSSSSSSSSSSS OMMMMMMG
    im getting scared

ReputationRep:
    You won't be disappointed don't worry
    I'm going to do something similar to you though, probably just go somewhere quiet and see what I got.

9 days now...I feel like I should be happy because I've waited so long but it's really starting to hit me now...there's some subjects in which I don't really mind what I get as long as I pass, but subjects such as English, Geography and Art are the ones I'm really really praying to god I've achieved higher than B's in. The tension is getting worse, I mean, I was impatient getting mock results back in school; I pestered my teachers every day
    "DO YOU HAVE THE RESULTS YET!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!11!2?!! !"
    As you can probably tell I'm an extremely impatient person in situations such as getting exam results back :p:
    I think you could possibly be my Northern Irish twin. Lmao I am exactly the same; English and Geography are the ones I really care about and I'll be so disappointed if I didn't get an a* in my literature and at least a B on my geography :|
    I kept pestering my English teacher about my coursework results..I think she eventually got fed up and told me and I was happy cos I got all a*'s in all 5 of my crossover English essays!
    I definately don't care much about science or maths, but I'd like to get at lest a double A in science and passing maths would make me happy!

ReputationRep:
    9DAYSSSSSSSSSSS OMMMMMMG
    im getting scared
    the suspense is <b>unreal.</b> :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Are you in 4th year currently? If you are (unless your school has told you specifically) it's unlikely that you'll get them on the 25th, as schools usually view the full GCSEs as more important to send out to students on the day.
    Now that there's a shorter turnaround time from results until the first day back, I'd say it's more likely that you will get your N3 result when you get back in September.

I was in the same boat last year, waiting for my N3 Maths result in the post during the summer and I never got it until I was back at school!
    And if I can get 100% in my N3, I'm pretty sure you can I'm more of an English Literature kinda girl

I'm going into fifth year - I'm really not sure, we were told that we'd get our results if we came in on the 25th..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine.)

I'm going into fifth year - I'm really not sure, we were told that we'd get our results if we came in on the 25th..
    as long as you know what's happening, you'll be absolutely fine what GCSEs are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    I think you could possibly be my Northern Irish twin. Lmao I am exactly the same; English and Geography are the ones I really care about and I'll be so disappointed if I didn't get an a* in my literature and at least a B on my geography :|
    I kept pestering my English teacher about my coursework results..I think she eventually got fed up and told me and I was happy cos I got all a*'s in all 5 of my crossover English essays!
    I definitely don't care much about science or maths, but I'd like to get at lest a double A in science and passing maths would make me happy!
    Lmao! Yeah I'd like a pass in maths...it's my worst subject but I just hope I get my C! Science...I'd like a double B I'd be happy with that

WOW, Well done in your english coursework that's fab! I got an A* in my creative coursework and A's in Poetry and my Macbeth coursework for english. I love english :suith:

I got full marks in my geography coursework, I was so pleased, I love geography! I'd would love an A* but I think that's aiming too high so an A would make me really happy!

This time in 9 days we'll know our results...it's great! I can't wait for it to be over, I can't wait to start 6th year !

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.