The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
rachlala14
as long as you know what's happening, you'll be absolutely fine :biggrin: what GCSEs are you taking?

English, English Lit, Maths, DA Science, IT, RE, French, Spanish and History. :biggrin: Cool beans lol!
Reply 41
examined
Antrim is where it's at :L
I am exactly the same, job and everything. It's the not knowing! And the panic - what if, what if? I know I deserve good grades, and I don't want undeserving people to do better!! :L
After GCSEs... A Levels.. :woo:

ditto with the a level business :smile:
my jobs boring but hey, it's where the money's at :smile:
And the funding of my clubbing dresses and killer heels :L
Reply 42
MissesTwishes
Lmao! Yeah I'd like a pass in maths...it's my worst subject but I just hope I get my C! Science...I'd like a double B :smile: I'd be happy with that :biggrin:

WOW, Well done in your english coursework that's fab! I got an A* in my creative coursework and A's in Poetry and my Macbeth coursework for english. I love english :suith:

I got full marks in my geography coursework, I was so pleased, I love geography! I'd would love an A* but I think that's aiming too high so an A would make me really happy!

This time in 9 days we'll know our results...it's great! I can't wait for it to be over, I can't wait to start 6th year :biggrin:!

8 days!!!! *freaks out*
Its so weird that our results days is just more or less a week away :s-smilie:
I'm going to the Hilton tomorrow to chill out for 2 days :biggrin: I guess I've kinda comfort ate this summer cos I feel all ugh, so I will be hitting up the gym :smile:
Are you doing anything special for your results?
rachlala14
8 days!!!! *freaks out*
Its so weird that our results days is just more or less a week away :s-smilie:
I'm going to the Hilton tomorrow to chill out for 2 days :biggrin: I guess I've kinda comfort ate this summer cos I feel all ugh, so I will be hitting up the gym :smile:
Are you doing anything special for your results?

Aww lovely! My friends are going to the Hilton on Sunday actually!
I need to join a gym like really badly :woo: I've comfort ate a lot this summer aswell :frown:

Hmm, probably not to be honest like, I got an acoustic guitar as an early present for results...other than that my family and I will probably go out for a meal on results night :smile:

Ahhh, it's so close! I feel sort of...nervous/excited :s-smilie: but I mainly feel curious more than anything.

So where are you going for 6th year? Are you staying on in your school or are you moving schools?
Reply 44
MissesTwishes
Aww lovely! My friends are going to the Hilton on Sunday actually!
I need to join a gym like really badly :woo: I've comfort ate a lot this summer aswell :frown:

Hmm, probably not to be honest like, I got an acoustic guitar as an early present for results...other than that my family and I will probably go out for a meal on results night :smile:

Ahhh, it's so close! I feel sort of...nervous/excited :s-smilie: but I mainly feel curious more than anything.

So where are you going for 6th year? Are you staying on in your school or are you moving schools?

I hope to go to my schools 6th form - I go to an all girls school and I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else really! It's quite academic though so I'll feel stupid if I don't get good results :/ a lot of girls in my year are really high achievers :s-smilie: so hopefully I'll get the grades to go back!
Ditto with me, my parents and I had a deal that after my last exam they'd buy me an iPhone, so they did :smile: I want a car now though, I'm waiting on my provisional to come!
I need a gym membership so bad!!
rachlala14
I hope to go to my schools 6th form - I go to an all girls school and I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else really! It's quite academic though so I'll feel stupid if I don't get good results :/ a lot of girls in my year are really high achievers :s-smilie: so hopefully I'll get the grades to go back!
Ditto with me, my parents and I had a deal that after my last exam they'd buy me an iPhone, so they did :smile: I want a car now though, I'm waiting on my provisional to come!
I need a gym membership so bad!!

Ahhh I see, I go to a pretty average secondary school, but I really love it, I can't wait to get back and to see everyone again :smile:

Your so lucky, I have to wait until October/November to get my provisional :frown: I turn 17 in January... it's so far away! :eek3: I want to driveeeeee!
Reply 46
MissesTwishes
Ahhh I see, I go to a pretty average secondary school, but I really love it, I can't wait to get back and to see everyone again :smile:

Your so lucky, I have to wait until October/November to get my provisional :frown: I turn 17 in January... it's so far away! :eek3: I want to driveeeeee!

my friend meggie won't be 17 until next June - all the rest of us will have probably passed our test by then :L
I see you live in Bangor :smile: I was at the funfair on Monday :L
i dont understand all this grade boundary stuff? whats so big about it
Reply 48
IrishPerson
i dont understand all this grade boundary stuff? whats so big about it

ccea are putting their grade boundaries up on their website on the 24th! If you want to, you can look at them and kinda try to gage what you think you've got :smile: it's not that big a deal, bit it's also helpful to see if you were a high B/low A etc or if it's worth it to get a remark if you're only one mark off a certain grade :smile:
rachlala14
ccea are putting their grade boundaries up on their website on the 24th! If you want to, you can look at them and kinda try to gage what you think you've got :smile: it's not that big a deal, bit it's also helpful to see if you were a high B/low A etc or if it's worth it to get a remark if you're only one mark off a certain grade :smile:

sorry to be retarded but what is grade boundaries exactly and how could they help me?
rachlala14
my friend meggie won't be 17 until next June - all the rest of us will have probably passed our test by then :L
I see you live in Bangor :smile: I was at the funfair on Monday :L

Yeah I live near Bangor :smile: it's a nice wee town
The funfair is such a rip off! But its quite fun :awesome:
Reply 51
IrishPerson
sorry to be retarded but what is grade boundaries exactly and how could they help me?

Don't worry about it - there's so much exam lingo I get a bit confused too :smile:
Grade boundaries are the levels set by CCEA which mark out which grade you get for example;

If an Exam is marked out of 360 the Grade Boundaries could possibly be like this
A* = 335
A = 325
B = 300

etc

That's just randomly off the top of my head, but grade boundaries are just showing the amount of marks needed to obtain a certain grade!

They can help you by showing you where you're at academically and like I said, when you get your results and say you have an exam which is one mark off a B grade, by using the Grade Boundaries you will have seen that by getting a remark you could easily get an A!
As the Grade Boundaries are being released the day before the results, some of us are going to look at them to try and judge what we got :smile: I may print them off for reference with my results the next day!

I hope this helps
Reply 52
MissesTwishes
Yeah I live near Bangor :smile: it's a nice wee town
The funfair is such a rip off! But its quite fun :awesome:

My cousins live in Donaghadee...we get to experience how the 'other half' live when we go there :L Their house is basically right on the seafront so we just muck around on the rocks and get the bus into Bangor or Belfast!
I always remember Pickie Park as a kid :L it used to be fun back in the day :yep: The pedlo swans were definately a highlight :p:
Reply 53
Is anyone gonna post their results on here..?

I don't wanna be a loner and do it on my own :erm:
Reply 54
I'll probably put the old maths up...tehe.
rachlala14
My cousins live in Donaghadee...we get to experience how the 'other half' live when we go there :L Their house is basically right on the seafront so we just muck around on the rocks and get the bus into Bangor or Belfast!
I always remember Pickie Park as a kid :L it used to be fun back in the day :yep: The pedlo swans were definitely a highlight :p:

Zomg I live in Donaghadee!! Hahahah!
That's crazy!! It's such a small world! :p:
Pickie Park is awesome...pedlo swans are the best :cool:
rachlala14
Is anyone gonna post their results on here..?

I don't wanna be a loner and do it on my own :erm:

I will :yep: even if they are epic failurez
Reply 57
MissesTwishes
Zomg I live in Donaghadee!! Hahahah!
That's crazy!! It's such a small world! :p:
Pickie Park is awesome...pedlo swans are the best :cool:

OMW! I remember the pedlo swans! :biggrin:
rachlala14
Don't worry about it - there's so much exam lingo I get a bit confused too :smile:
Grade boundaries are the levels set by CCEA which mark out which grade you get for example;

If an Exam is marked out of 360 the Grade Boundaries could possibly be like this
A* = 335
A = 325
B = 300

etc

That's just randomly off the top of my head, but grade boundaries are just showing the amount of marks needed to obtain a certain grade!

They can help you by showing you where you're at academically and like I said, when you get your results and say you have an exam which is one mark off a B grade, by using the Grade Boundaries you will have seen that by getting a remark you could easily get an A!
As the Grade Boundaries are being released the day before the results, some of us are going to look at them to try and judge what we got :smile: I may print them off for reference with my results the next day!

I hope this helps

OHHH THANKS!!
i didnt know we got the exact marks on our results woooooooo
will u be able to post the link to the boundaries when theyr online in this thread plz?
Reply 59
i did ICT ccea
but the rest were other exam boards
i dont live in Ireland so ill have to wait two days while my result sits at school gathering dust
i dont mind though

Latest